IGNORED

Classic Imagic Font DCDragonfire Available for Free

Doc4

article-dcdragonfire_font.jpg

We are officially releasing the Imagic font "DCDragonfire" used to design the Imagic video game artwork as seen in the Activision Anthology collections. This font has variations included in both the upper and the lowercase letters due to the oddities such as the "N" which appears in two different styles. Additionally we have included several Imagic character icons to increase the size of the set.

The Activision Anthology was initially released in 2002 with several additional releases cover other systems and eventually including the Imaic game collection via the Playstation Portable. Doc4's ( previously AtariCart ) artwork reconstruction was utilized for both the original Atari 2600 Activision and Imagic game collections within the Anthology. We hope that you enjoy this font release and please leave a comment. In the coming months we will be releasing our second retro font titled "8-bitAlbert" which is dedicated to our host Albert Yarusso to remind me, personally that I was pressured into creating it. ;)

Thanks and enjoy: DCDragonfire

Edited by monster angriff
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

We have uploaded a new version of the DC Dragonfire font as a TrueType file (.ttf) which will work on both Mac and PC. Also note there was an issue with the uppercase "A" that has been corrected. If you have an older version please delete it and download the new file. Thanks go out to Michael for making note of this.

• 8 years later...
  • 5 years later...
3 minutes ago, JasperAK said:

It looks like the 'www' in the links is causing the problem. Including your signature.

This is interesting, I've tried this in both instance. With 'www' and without 'www' and it's downloading on my end. I'm using Chrome currently. Is this still happening on your end? The http should be redirecting to https also. Not sure what you're seeing.

EDIT: The link in the first post lands here. I'm running Windows 7 Firefox. After testing, I also land on a page with Orko. Love it.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c3a38403c6dca62ce2c405f0193480a0.PNG

Capture2.PNG

And this is what the first post looks like for me. I'm assuming that the first link is supposed to be a picture of the font.

Capture3.PNG

Edited by JasperAK

JasperAK Okay, I see the problem. I didn't realize anyone was clicking on the original link from the first post since I added a new one further down. I went ahead and set up a redirect and this should be working now. 

Those 404 pages were set up for fun, there are several more of them if you keep reloading :) It's very helpful during meetings to lighten the mood when something breaks on the site unexpectedly. 

Thank you for helping me debug this btw.

• Like 1

Also pointing out that if anyone is interested in purchasing an official version titled 'Company' digitized by font professionals you can purchase it from MyFonts. It was finally digitized from the original Letraset in 2012 and costs 26.00. (see the connection there?) The font is missing the alternate, rounded 'E' but does have the original 'Y' and 'Z' as we had no reference when creating this back in 2009 we ended up making this up based on what we thought it might look like.

And a little history:

"Martin Wait (1942–2012) was a British font designer and graphic designer. He was best known for his work for Letraset, which created dry transfer lettering used on advertising and other lettering projects.

Wait was born in Forest Gate in London and attended Lister Community School in Plaistow. Despite having dyslexia, he created custom lettering for advertising, including logos for Tetley's, the Radio Times, Fox's Glacier Mints and Alpen cereal. He later came to design fonts for Letraset and Monotype, often in the script typeface genre." - Wikipedia

Edited by Doc4
  • Like 1