IGNORED

Coleco 91617 Power Supply and Wheel Expansion Question

Midnight Synergy

Hi all,

I bought a box of Coleco goodness (well, really, one working and one busted unit) this week. Along with the regular coleco power adapter bricks was a smaller power supply #91617. Can anyone tell me what it's for? It looks a little like an Atari 2600 power plug - so I'm assuming it's for the Expansion Module #1 (which wasn't in the box)? If so, would it be safe to use on a regular Atari 2600?

Also, both systems came with the steering wheel expansion module. One works perfectly fine, but the other doesn't work at all (neither the wheel, nor the pedal). Are there any guides to what might be a common problem for this module, and how to fix it? (I haven't opened them up yet - I thought I'd ask first... and yes, I did try with batteries. :) )

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

Edited by Midnight Synergy

The power supply may be for the Coleco Gemini (2600 clone) or one of the early Coleco pong type consoles. The Expansion Module #1 does not require an external power supply.

As far as your driving module, if the pedal doesn't work, I'd say that the switch within it is bad/broken, or there is a problem with the cord that connects it to the wheel, or the cord that connects to the ColecoVision. If the wheel is not responsive, then I'd assume the optical components have failed or there is a problem with the controller cord.

• 3 weeks later...