Devin

Angry Video Game Nerd K.O. Boxing

You need to make a game where you can actually beat up the Video Game Nerd, along with the rest of his gimmicky ilk. I'd pay a mint for that!

Now, now. Saying such things could result in a visit by the demon!

post-17256-125187265865_thumb.png

I just updated the binaries on first post. I made some minor changes to update minor graphic flaws. The game still plays the same.

• When James is knocked down, the bottom of his shoes are now black. Beforehand, his shoes were dark brown - the same shade at the background. When he was knocked against the wall, his shoes would vanish. It looked like his feet were missing.
  • I removed some extra pixels when Jason drops his guard. They are at the bottom of the torso.
  • Shit Pickle now uses the the slide knockdown animation. He was using the hit-the-back-wall one. But, he's on the street. There's no wall! What was I thinking?! :(
  • Fixed the "push bug". I didn't even know about this until someone posted a video on YouTube. They used it against Woody. It required fast reflexes to pull off. Few would have found this, let alone, exploited it.
  • Fixed the transparent hole in one of Woody's eyes (hurt face). Since his eyes are black, and the background contains a ton of black, it looked the same in almost all cases.
  • I slowed down Franken-Nerd's final punch. This is the only gameplay change. It was far too fast at that level.

I just uploaded a very minor update. This is the uber-super-duper final version.

We'll be featuring AVGN KO Boxing on tomorrow's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: http://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:

- Space Treat Deluxe (2003) by Fabrizio Zavagli aka rasty
- Backfire (2003) by Chad Lare aka Chadivision
- AVGN KO Boxing (2009) by Devin D. Cook aka Devin
- DK Arcade 2600 (2019 WIP Update) by Michael Haas & Todd Holcomb aka iesposta & Byte Knight

EDIT: Link to YouTube archive of stream

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

I was curious. I was wondering if this homebrew was either available for physical release or was permitted to have one made for personal uses (like for getting an autograph)?

I was wondering if this homebrew was either available for physical release or was permitted to have one made for personal uses (like for getting an autograph)?

I just wanted to add that I had looked everywhere, from the AVGN website to the forums and saw nothing that explicitly mentions physical reproduction but I would assume permission is implied from release of the files, manuals, and label art, but I do not want to violate anything.