IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete!

Albert

As I'm sure you may have guessed by now, AtariAge is running a new version of the Invision forum software we use. There are many changes, but basic things pretty much operate the same way.

There are abound to be some problems--if you spot anything that simply doesn't work as you'd expect, or see error messages anywhere, please post in this thread! Likewise, if there are features you used in the past that are missing, also post about it and I'll see what I can do to get them added back in. A few things I am aware of, such as:

- Ability to allow users to selectively edit posts

- The "My Posts" page

- Similar Topics

- Custom Status not displayed above avatar

- After in-place editing of a post, the post is not redrawn properly

At this time, PM and post content will contain unprocessed bbcode tags. You'll see some weird things in existing posts and private messages until I am able to completely rebuild them (which will take about 24 hours in the background). So please don't point that out right now. :)

If you have any questions about the forum upgrade, please don't hesitate to ask!

..Al

• Like 5

Where's the "go to first unread post" icon on the left? I use that all the time, but don't see it anymore.

If you are using "View New Content" or "Today's Active Content" you just click on the actual thread title and that will bring you to the first new post. I may change this at some point and add the "First Unread Post" icon back (since it is used elsewhere--it's a Combat tank at the moment).

..Al

• Like 1

All image attachments have been lost in blog entries. Youtube imbedding in blog entries is also busted.

Looking into these now.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way anymore to sort all the blogs according to last comment posted.

I don't see it either, it's possible they removed that. The Blog saw some significant changes, not all are necessarily for the better. But I will keep a list of items like this with the intent on adding back items like this that were removed.

..Al

Quotes in "old" topics don't seem to be formatted. It's just straight text without the blue border. Is it this way for anyone else?

I have to run a script to properly convert all the BBcodes in old posts and PMs. The PM script is running now and is about halfway done. Converting the posts is going to take about 12 solid hours and I will be firing that off as soon as the PM conversion script finishes. This will fix the quotes problem.

..Al

The site is looking great! I hope you can add a "my posts" feature in the near future :)

Yes, that is one of the first things I will add back, although I'm a bit apprehensive about it. :) The forum software was completely rewritten from scratch, which means I will basically have to rewrite from scratch any modifications I did in the past.

..Al