IGNORED

Looks great! Where is the "view my posts" query!

potatohead

This is a custom modification I wrote for the previous forum software. I will have to write it again for this new forum software. I will be focusing on getting this added back in tomorrow. Many people have already brought this up. :)

Really? Don't most have a 'subscribed threads' function of some sort (with the user option to subscribe to all threads that are posted in)?

Really? Don't most have a 'subscribed threads' function of some sort (with the user option to subscribe to all threads that are posted in)?

You can have the forum automatically subscribe you to all threads you reply to. The option is titled, "Watch every topic I reply to" and is on this page:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=forums

It is off by default. However, this won't help with any older threads you've posted in, which could be significant depending on how prolific a poster you are. The old phpBB software we ran some time ago actually had a "My Posts" query, which is why I had to add it to IP.Board when we switched to it years ago. It's kind of a pain in my ass, since you can easily find all of the topics you've started as well as all of the posts you've made. However, by default the software has no way of showing you all the topics you've posted in.

..Al

I think it is, but the little applet on the forum page doesn't quite work the way I said.

When I contributed a post in a "watched" thread, it no longer appears even though the default is to watch the topic. Tried toggling it, and that thread is just missing now from that little applet. Every thread I've contributed to is currently on the watch list though. So, that's good, until I contribute something new!

Going to my home page, I see "posts" tab, and they are all there.

The learning continues!!

Just confirmed "you are receiving e-mail notification of replies" is on.

Edited by potatohead

I think it is, but the little applet on the forum page doesn't quite work the way I said.

When I edited a post in a "watched" thread, it no longer appears even though the default is to watch the topic. Tried toggling it, and that thread is just missing now from that little applet.

Going to my home page, I see "posts" tab, and they are all there.

The learning continues!!

I believe that applet (they are called "hooks") will only show you threads and topics with new posts.

..Al

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Al! I found the "My Posts" link on my profile screen, but it seems to have something in common with all newer versions of the software -- the search returns threads that I've posted in, but in a chronologically random order -- even if I search specially via my name, and check-mark "Descending Order." The last post used to be listed first, and the following entries were indeed perfectly backward, chronologically. The new version doesn't do that. It's possible that my Internet Retardation causes me to not recognize some sort of pattern in the new sequence. Otherwise, I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any assistance.

Hi, Al! I found the "My Posts" link on my profile screen, but it seems to have something in common with all newer versions of the software -- the search returns threads that I've posted in, but in a chronologically random order -- even if I search specially via my name, and check-mark "Descending Order." The last post used to be listed first, and the following entries were indeed perfectly backward, chronologically. The new version doesn't do that. It's possible that my Internet Retardation causes me to not recognize some sort of pattern in the new sequence. Otherwise, I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any assistance.

I believe it shows them in order of when YOU last posted in the thread, but shows the date of the actual last post in the thread. It's completely retarded and if Invision doesn't fix it, I sure as hell will.

..Al

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed that my total posts available under "My Posts" dropped by about 25% within the past day or two, from 8 pages total to 6 pages total. Neither number is correct (some of my oldest posts were already missing), but the disappearance is still troubling. It looks like the ones that have vanished are the oldest ones, and they're still accessible by other means, so they haven't been deleted or anything as far as I can tell.

Any ideas? I know the feature's borked at the moment, but I'm wondering if some behind-the-scenes changed has borked it further.

Edited by thegoldenband

I just noticed that my number of total posts under "My Posts" dropped by about 25% within the past day or two, from 8 pages total to 6 pages total. Neither total is correct, as it happens (some of my oldest posts were already missing), but the disappearance is troubling. It looks like the ones that have vanished are the oldest ones, and they're still accessible by other means.

Any ideas? I know the feature's borked at the moment, but I'm wondering if some behind-the-scenes changed has borked it further.

Hmm, I will have to investigate this. Probably something to do with the forum upgrade I did a few days ago. No posts have actually been removed from the database, so it's likely just the query. I see that it is limiting results to 200 rows, so I'll need to fix that (I believe I had it set to 1,000 previously). Some changes were certainly made to the search engine, which "My Posts" uses, so I would not be surprised if "My Posts" was affected in some nefarious ways.

..Al