IGNORED

New to Atariage

sku_u

Hey all,

I stumbled onto this site accidentally in my search for Atari 5200 games. While I've been an owner of an Atari 5200 for nearly 20 years, I've only recently rediscovered how great a system it is.

I am having some difficulties with one of my old systems. While my older 2 port system works great, I am having a hard time getting my 4 port system to work. The screen is always green whenevr I turn on a game and while I can get sound, I cannot get a picture. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they figured out how to fix it?

:?

Hey all,  

I stumbled onto this site accidentally in my search for Atari 5200 games.  While I've been an owner of an Atari 5200 for nearly 20 years, I've only recently rediscovered how great a system it is.

I am having some difficulties with one of my old systems.  While my older 2 port system works great, I am having a hard time getting my 4 port system to work.  The screen is always green whenevr I turn on a game and while I can get sound, I cannot get a picture.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they figured out how to fix it?

:?

The first thing to try with a four port is a new (or just another) switch box. These go bad a lot. When you say you don't get a picture but you get sound do you mean you can hear all the game sounds correctly like the Pac Man start song after you wait a moment for the title screen to go away and press start? If so this might be a bad switch box. By the way I noticed you lived in Connecticut as well. If you need more help let me know. I can also fix controllers. I also have a lot of extra 5200 carts I am selling if your interested (I just got a Multi-cart which has all the games on it except Bounty Bob and Super Pac Man.)

Allan