IGNORED

New board remarks, problems.

Video

Got this after logging in:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/login.php:1) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/login.php:1) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 96

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/login.php:1) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 100

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/login.php:1) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/login.php:1) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 102

Oops, I made an edit to that file and accidentally added the text "9000" at the top of the file when I saved it. Duh. Should be okay now.

..Al

Just noticed that my PM mailbox is almost completely full - since all my previously deleted messages have been undeleted.

Is there some easy way to re-delete all those messages without manually going through all 500 PMs? Urgh.

Thanks.

Uhrr, that's an interesting issue. My understanding is that once you deleted a message, it was permanently gone. All your "Sent" messages would have been moved into your "My Conversations" folder--is this what you're seeing?

..Al

Just noticed that my PM mailbox is almost completely full - since all my previously deleted messages have been undeleted.

Is there some easy way to re-delete all those messages without manually going through all 500 PMs? Urgh.

Thanks.

Uhrr, that's an interesting issue. My understanding is that once you deleted a message, it was permanently gone. All your "Sent" messages would have been moved into your "My Conversations" folder--is this what you're seeing?

..Al

I don't think so. Maybe I don't understand what's going on, but this is what I'm seeing:

post-6060-125122920766_thumb.png

All those PMs with a little padlock next to them are, apparently, a "Deleted Message." Except they are still in my Messenger and still taking up space.

EDIT: Maybe they aren't deleted messages, but messages that had their corresponding sent message deleted? Hm.

Edited by vdub_bobby

EDIT: Maybe they aren't deleted messages, but messages that had their corresponding sent message deleted? Hm.

Generally the lock means that the other recipients have deleted the message on their end, so you can no longer respond to it (you'd have to start a new conversation). In your screenshot, it looks like those are all messages that were sent to you. I'd need to see your corresponding inbox and sentbox on the old forum, which I can give you a link to, to make a better determination. We should take this offline.

..Al

Awesome, so far everything seems to be working great, it's running fast again (probably affter the board editing thingy was turned off :lol:) and the links/quotes aren't all broken.

Yeah, I'd say put "hide sidebar" besides the arrow, I completely passed over it the first time untill I mentioned it in here, I simply didn't notice it.

Anyhow, keep up the great work.

Another minor thing about the page... the "There are XX new entries" box takes up valuable real estate - could that text just be placed next to the "New Entries" title?

Perhaps, I'll look at it when I'm working on those pages. I have to be very careful with the search system, it's pretty complex and it's easy to break stuff inadvertently.

..Al

Oh, hmmm, those are links from back when we were running phpBB. They were being "rewritten" in real-time via mod_rewrite for the old forum software, but now that the new forum software is using friendly URLs, the old mod_rewrite rules are not working. I'll have to look into how to fix this..

..Al

Yeah, I've seen broke links in cross-referencing posts as well.

If you see specific examples, please let me know exactly where you see them so I can investigate.

Is that one click link possible for "Manage Watch Topics" - it's too many mouse clicks right now even though I'm not getting carpal tunnel from it.

It was two clicks on the old forum and it's four clicks now (including clicking on your name to drop down the menu). How often are you managing your watched topics? I am not going to move "Manage Watched Topics" somewhere in the forum header. :)

..Al

Here's the link to the topic containing the references (see post #9):

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146503-what-arcades-have-you-bought-in-09/

Here are the two threads being referenced:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146767-my-next-cabinet/

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/141793-arcade-cabinet-modification-project/

Is that one click link possible for "Manage Watch Topics" - it's too many mouse clicks right now even though I'm not getting carpal tunnel from it.

It was two clicks on the old forum and it's four clicks now (including clicking on your name to drop down the menu). How often are you managing your watched topics? I am not going to move "Manage Watched Topics" somewhere in the forum header. :)

..Al

That's interesting - I thought this function would be very important. Don't most people subscribe to topics and then use this function for follow-up?

I have a weird error where it's telling me that I have 1 new message, yet I have no new messages in my messenger.

Does the "1 New Message" indication remain even after you go visit your messenger?

..Al

Yeah, I tried going there several times. Weird thing was last new message was on 8/31, I read it and the notification went away, then the next day the "1 New" notification returned, but no new message.

Yeah, I tried going there several times. Weird thing was last new message was on 8/31, I read it and the notification went away, then the next day the "1 New" notification returned, but no new message.

I'll look on Invision's forum to see if anyone else has reported seeing this. Funny thing is, this happened on the old forum as well, although pretty rarely.

..Al

On a forum search for "mission omega commavid", one of the results that came up was a link to the Meltdown prototype thread, but when I click on the thread I get:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_19/skin_global.php on line 852

Is it something I said?... :D

On a forum search for "mission omega commavid", one of the results that came up was a link to the Meltdown prototype thread, but when I click on the thread I get:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_19/skin_global.php on line 852

Is it something I said?... :D

No, this is something I broke when making the "Custom Status" appear above your avatar. I guess I screwed that up big time. Will look at it shortly, as this error appears in a few places. You can use the default IP.Board skin (selectable at the bottom-left corner of the page) to get around this problem for the moment.

..Al