IGNORED

Street Fighter for Atari 2600 demo FOUND!

etschuetz

I was snooping around on Google and found something unheard of!!! Ultra rare. There was a demo of Street Fighter for the Atari 2600. A production label was produced, but the cartridge was never produced. Rumors have it that the game was around 95% complete! Capcom and Atari got together for this one shot title. There were some experiments to push the 2600 to the limits, and just a bit beyond, thanks to some form of chip set that had a microprocessor on board. The game was scrapped, however, due to how expensive it would have ended up being once it went into mass production.

Controls were set up using the Fire button as the punch, and pressing towards to kick. It is also stated that the control movements for special attacks were included for Ryu and Ken. Impressively, all of the original cast of the first Street Fighter were to be included!

AtariSF.jpg

AtariST-Label-1988.jpg

Okay, Okay, bad joke. Thought I would have some fun :D

What have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddlesome kids, and your dog too.

Now if only I had some kind of actual ROM image to go with it, that would have helped...of course, Then I would be king $#!t for making a working Street Fighter on Atari 2600!

Edited by etschuetz

All I can say is that by April, I will return! Mwahahaha, I WILL return!

Seriously, it is fun to play with these. They may be hoaxes, but its the fun in "what if..." that drives these hoaxes. Plus, cap it off with a talented programmer, who knows, maybe a hoax will live on? Remember That Atari WoW joke from Blizzard? Someone actually created an .exe game with very 2600 style graphics and play... The Molten Core!