IGNORED

The greatest Lynx deals?

Hurricane

Hi there,

Would anyone like to share their greatest hits and misses on Lynx-deals? I'm just curious, and maybe a little jealous afterwards;)

I once bought a copy of Lemmings including box and manual for the ridiculous price of 7,50 Euro. On the other hand I bought Asteroids for just 7,99 GBP, only to find out it was Asteroids for Atari 2600...

Hurricane

I bought a Lynx 2 system from a GameExchange in Tulsa around 4 or 5 years ago for $5. the Lynx turned on, yet they did not notice the brightness button and was selling it 'AS-IS' because they thought it was broke.

I also bought 60+ Lynx carts from them at $2 each because they stayed there so long without anyone buying them.

My very first Lynx buy was at a flea market. the guy had two of them, and around 10 games. I got my Lemmings out of that deal. I paid $35 I think for that lot (and I grabbed a Galaxian Coleco tabletop for $10).

Earlier this year, in fact a few months ago... I got 4 Lynx protos off of ebay for $25 each.

And I think one of my better deals: Brand new Lynx 2, with a brand new Large case in box, a new screen protector and a battery pack (all in their boxes) for $50 (all papers, box inserts, everything).

Best deals would be :

Electrocop $1.00

Xenophobe $1.00

Warbirds $4.00 i think

Steel Talons $4.00 i think

thats about it. the store i got them at Usually doesn't have lynx games (who does?), but once in a while i see a lynx game or 2, if they are good I've bought them. and for $1, how can i resist (unless i already have the game)

WORST lynx deal -> Batman Returns NEW back in 1993 or something $30 i think...........hate the game still. could have been so great with Continues, lives, or something. Why didn't they test the game? afraid they couldn't sell it fast enough?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my original Lynx (which I still have and play to this day) on clearance at Toys R Us with several games, the most interesting of which were Desert Strike and Double Dragon. Grand total was $5 a game, and $10 for the console.

That, my friends, was a very good day :cool:

I picked up my original Lynx (which I still have and play to this day) on clearance at Toys R Us with several games, the most interesting of which were Desert Strike and Double Dragon. Grand total was $5 a game, and $10 for the console.

That, my friends, was a very good day :cool:

Woah, I sold my Double Dragon for nearly 100 bucks but paid about 40.

that is strange that desert strike and Double Dragon have nearly doubled and tripled in price over the past two or three years.

Both are GREAT games though

Never got to play Double Dragon, kept it sealed. What a waste, no more sealed games for me. Desert Strike is pretty good but VERY expensive. 60 Euros or so.

that is strange that desert strike and Double Dragon have nearly doubled and tripled in price over the past two or three years.

Never got to play Double Dragon, kept it sealed. What a waste, no more sealed games for me. Desert Strike is pretty good but VERY expensive. 60 Euros or so.

We should get double dragon as the next high score game. Just to make you open it! LOL

Actually... Desert Strike would be a good one.

Just so I can revisit it.

We should get double dragon as the next high score game. Just to make you open it! LOL

Actually... Desert Strike would be a good one.

Just so I can revisit it.

Too late! I sold it sealed...

Games are meant to be played and I'm kicking myself for not playing such a rare game :x

But I've still got Desert Strike.