Sign in to follow this  
sandmountainslim

Colecovision Emulators?

I have of course played much Atari 2600 and quite a bit of Intellivision in my time but NEVER a Colecovision.

Are there any good (comparable to Stella) Coleco emulators out there? Prefer on with exe type opening that opens and installs itself without winzip crap.

Wp

I use ColEm on my PSP, Wii, and Dreamcast. Works great. I really don't do emulation on a PC or Mac anymore. The consoles are much better than sitting at a monitor playing on a PC IMHO.

I have of course played much Atari 2600 and quite a bit of Intellivision in my time but NEVER a Colecovision.

Oh man, you are missing out! :o I had a friend who had a Colecovision back in the early 80s; it was miles better than any other console in its day. There are dozens of excellent arcade ports available for it. In particular, I recommend Pepper II; I've never seen a version for any other home console, and the C/V version is superb!

I use Mugrat, which is basically the only game in town for OS X users (except for MESS). ColEm used to be available for the Mac Classic OS, but no one's ported it to OS X.