IGNORED

Bloated Monkey's Atari Room

Thanks. I tried to strike a balance between satisfying my Atari collecting disorder and staying out of divorce court, so I made an effort to make it presentable. However, I wanted it to be played with, so any sealed games I might have bought have all been opened. That's right - I'm not afraid to say it - I've set more than my share of Atari games free!

I'm just gonna assume you didn't grow up in the golden age of the great Thomas Magnum. Kids my age (in this country anyway) tend to get goosebumps around this car. Back in the day, that was one of the few shows that would get me to turn off the 2600 for an hour. I can say that about the A-team also, but I didn't think a black van would look as sexy in the driveway!

Edited by bloatedmonkey

WOW! I love the way those are displayed.

Now I'm wondering where the hell I'd get nearly 200 music mates at.

I really like the way these look and it would look great like that in my new gameroom (keep the fingers crossed... I BELIEVE it is going to happen!!!!)

I think you may have found someone that is going to steal some of your ideas. I hope you do not mind.

I want something like that, but I just don't think it is feasible to get that many musicmates nowadays.

That's a shame, as I'm not sure if I can re-produce that type of quality without them.

I suppose I could simply build a shelf and lay the carts on their sides. I just don't know if I'll like the look of it though

That cabinet is what I've been dreaming about for quite a while, I designed an atari cartridge rack to hold my games but never got around building it. But once my collection gets larger I'll have to do so.

I'm very impressed with what you've done thats by far the most beautifully organized collection I've ever seen.

Is it a Pontiac Fiero??? :?

That would be a Ferarri 308 GTS I believe.

Right. Thanks! :)

I have a nice "Ferarri" to sell ya Iwan....just ignore the Pontiac emblems. :P

I really loved my Fiero tho...had the Lambo body kit for it.

Looked real slick!

Like this...but mine was black.

http://www.autoblog.nl/images/wp/Lamborghini%20kitcar%20Pontiac%20Fiero4.jpg

Sucked in this OHIO snow tho! :x

Is it a Pontiac Fiero??? :?

That would be a Ferarri 308 GTS I believe.

Right. Thanks! :)

I have a nice "Ferarri" to sell ya Iwan....just ignore the Pontiac emblems. :P

Looked real slick!

Like this...but mine was black.

http://www.autoblog.nl/images/wp/Lamborghini%20kitcar%20Pontiac%20Fiero4.jpg

Sucked in this OHIO snow tho! :x

No thanks, Jay! I am a beetle guy!!!! :P :D

Wow I've never seen anything like that! I wish I had something crazy like that to commute in!

Thanks for the comments. I'll try to answer all the questions:

I had originally planned to build shelves out of 1/8" fiberboard, but once I had amassed 30 cubes, I started going down that route since it involved fewer power tools - plus it was cool in its own way. I collected the cubes over 5 years through buying game lots on Ebay (starting in 1999). I also wound up with two Atlantis II's through that same bulk buying, which I don't think you can get away with as easily these days. I actually had another 30 cubes or so that I tossed for being too icky - was rare to get cubes that weren't full of dog hair or dust. You can't fit as many games in the same space as if you stacked them, but it makes it easier to get them in and out. Once you get them all together, it weighs alot more than you'd think.

The cabinet took at least 2 years to get together. But I had a newborn and I was pretty anal about the craftmanship. You can tell from the pictures that I was on to my second house when I finished it. The doors were the hard part - they took as long as everything else put together. By the time I finished it, I had too many games to fit in it. So I have more in boxes in the space below the TV.

The loose games are organized by publisher. Maybe I'll take a video of it. YouTube is good for random stuff like that...

Edited by bloatedmonkey

Yikes! I can't wait 5 years for this! LOL

I am thinking of doing this shelves.jpg

But I could still add doors to the front of it.

I really like that you just grab and go...

I could even do a smaller one next to the TV of the games I play the most.

Wow, that's almost exactly what the wall in my college dorm room looked like. I need to scan in the picture, I found it last night when I was digging in a drawer.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...