IGNORED

Nice SIMPLE program to view Neochrome/Degas image files on Windows?

oky2000

Yes finding the NEO and PI1 images was not the end of the nightmare, the only software even mentioned to do this is some linux originating rubbish which doesn't have the neochrome or otherwise plugins for download, just some amatuerish software *gnnn*

So does anyone know of a SIMPLE way to view these .NEO or .PI1 etc pictures on a Windows PC?

(I don't want to use Linux thanks)

Yes finding the NEO and PI1 images was not the end of the nightmare, the only software even mentioned to do this is some linux originating rubbish which doesn't have the neochrome or otherwise plugins for download, just some amatuerish software *gnnn*

So does anyone know of a SIMPLE way to view these .NEO or .PI1 etc pictures on a Windows PC?

There's also a linux version :P

• Like 1

I tried xnview....needs plugins for NEO and Degas format pictures no? I couldn't find the plugins and it didn't do anything with the files.

There was a program called DeBabelizer which I got a free trial for but half the pictures were corrupt and then hardly any of the ones I remember from the 80s were in the pack anyway sadly.

Thanks to all for the suggestions though :)

edit: Was secretly hoping some of my own Neochrome artwork (signed MVK'86 or MVK'87) was in there.

Edited by oky2000

I tried xnview....needs plugins for NEO and Degas format pictures no? I couldn't find the plugins and it didn't do anything with the files.

You don't need a plug-in, but for some bizarre reason, you dp have to tell it to use all available picture formats. If I remember correctly there is a checkbox hidden away somewhere in the options/preferences.

Sounds fiddly, but I heartily recommend Xnview, really easy to use and you can convert your PCs pictures into PI1 format!

• Like 1

You don't need a plug-in, but for some bizarre reason, you dp have to tell it to use all available picture formats. If I remember correctly there is a checkbox hidden away somewhere in the options/preferences.

Sounds fiddly, but I heartily recommend Xnview, really easy to use and you can convert your PCs pictures into PI1 format!

I think there might be something not quite right about the latest xnview - a few of us have had to copy old .ini files to make it work with degas pictures. There's a thread about it on the xnview site. Far as I know it's not fixed yet so you'll need to copy the file from a friend or old install.

I think there might be something not quite right about the latest xnview - a few of us have had to copy old .ini files to make it work with degas pictures. There's a thread about it on the xnview site. Far as I know it's not fixed yet so you'll need to copy the file from a friend or old install.

Here are some older XnView versions:

http://www.oldapps.com/old_version_XnView.php

• 2 years later...

Hi,

try this one: http://www.mipro-onl...tari_xl_xe.html

The PiXLator has support for DOO, NEO, PI1-PI3, PC1-PC3 and also many 8-Bit formats.

Language can be switched to English. English and German manual (PDF) included.

Grtx

Edited by walktari

• 6 months later...