IGNORED

What homebrew projects would you like to see, and for what system?

Forgetting for a minute that I am a programmer... as a CV fan I would like to see:

- Remakes of games like Donkey Konkey, Zaxxon and Mr Do!, Gyruss

- A Castlevania game

- A game based on the TRON movie, but not exactly the arcade game

- Ports of such neo-classic arcade games like Arkanoid, Commando, Jackal, Gradius/Salamander, Tiger Heli

- Ports of classic games like Zookeeper, Pole Position, Xevious, Galaga, Vanguard, Phoenix, Elevator Action, Moon Patrol

- A few vector games like Tempest and Star Wars

- A few MSX ports too...

Back to programmer mode, people who attended the Monroe-A-Palooza gaming party this weekend had the chance to play Donkey Kong Arcade first hand, as well as Knightmare and Goonies...

http://picasaweb.google.com/DualScreenRadio/MAP09#5375972577186050722 (shown is Knightmare)

I would have to say, I would love to see Arkanoid on the Coleco or the Intv! I do believe Opcode is working on CV Arkanoid. Isnt there also an Atari 8-bit Ark? I want to get that!

I'd love to see sequels to popular intellivision games that either had different levels, more enemy types or taking up another notch.

FOr example how about a sequel to Night Stalker where the screen scrolls like Maze-A-Tron did.

ALso many fans of Sword and Serpents who were good were probably upset that you couldn't fight the big dragon at the end. Maybe S&S2 could take care of that.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see T*Mek for the Jaguar.

Also, I'm stretching the boundaries a bit, but someday I hope someone finds a way to port Atomiswave games to the Dreamcast.

--Zero

Not a bad idea at all. And while they're at it, they can bring over some Naomi titles that never made it home, too (I am sure there are plenty)! ;)

I would like to see Doom on any system after 2600 but before NES.

When you say "before", is the NES included? 'Cause I'm working on something: http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5596

More like Wolfenstein than Doom, but still. The walls are done, I'm currently optimizing and figuring out the best way to add objects/enemies in there.

post-12756-125679817819_thumb.png

post-12756-125679818624_thumb.png

post-12756-125679819312_thumb.png

Edited by tokumaru

When you say "before", is the NES included? 'Cause I'm working on something: http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5596

More like Wolfenstein than Doom, but still. The walls are done, I'm currently optimizing and figuring out the best way to add objects/enemies in there.

That looks great!

Have you seen Project "M"? Maybe you can join forces :)

That looks incredible! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have time to polish the demo ROM and release it soon.

I wish I would find more time for my own NES programming ideas. Hopefully during the holidays ;)

Yeah, time is what kills us poor hobbyist programmers... But the NES is a lot of fun, I wonder what you're making for it...

That looks great!

Thanks!

Have you seen Project "M"? Maybe you can join forces :)

Yeah, I have seen those screenshots before, they look great! I love to look for 8-bit raycasters every once in a while, they are all very cool. I couldn't see myself working on that particular project though, since I don't have much interest on Atari systems other than the 2600. The NES and the 2600 are my favorite systems to program for.

Wow, that is awesome! Good work.

No matter what direction you go with it, I hope you release a version with Doom on the title screen :D

I would really like to have a Puzzle Bobble/Bust-a-move on the 2600. I don't know if it's even possible, but from how much I understand it, it should be possible, although not without some challenges...

I always liked the original Bubble Bobble as opposed to Puzzle Bobble. But I think both would be totally possible (with limitation) on the 2600.

I would also like to see a more arcade quality Mario Bros, or maybe a simple 3 screen side scroller using the Mario sprites from 2600 Mario Bros.

Another idea I'd love to see is a top-down perspective castlevania game for either the nes, Genesis, or snes. I think it would be a cool variation to the castlevania series. You could do forward whip swings from an overhead view.

Of course a brand new original game for any system would be greatly welcomed as well.

• 2 weeks later...
But the NES is a lot of fun, I wonder what you're making for it...

At the time of posting those 'Apocalypse Engine' 80+ dot demos, I was evaluating a NES port of the C64 classic "Mega Apocalypse".

What I have in mind right now is a NES demake of Warcraft (Orcs and Humans - not 2, 3 or World of ;)).