IGNORED

Duck Attack! - new Atari 2600 homebrew (NTSC & PAL)

e1will

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just played a bit on the java player on your site. This seems really neat! Can't wait for the cart release! I assume you will post it in this thread when it is released. Do you have anything "special" planned for the release? A box maybe? Signed and numbered carts? :-)

Anyhow, great job!

• 2 weeks later...

Duck Attack is being released (about time!) at the Classic Gaming Expo on July 31st! This is a fantastic homebrew and everyone should pick up a copy so Will Nicholes continues writing games for the 2600. Nathan Strum put together a wonderful label and manual--icing on the cake for such a great game!

More information is available here:

AtariAge at CGE2010 Preview

duckattack_thumb.jpg

..Al

• Like 2

Just finally stumbled upon this thread a couple days ago. As someone who has always loved Adventure, I gotta say - this is a great game! Still haven't made it past level 5 though. Love all the rooms based on other classic 2600 games - adventure, berzerk, even video pinball. Can't wait to get through more levels!

I thought I would see how far I could get playing straight through this weekend (no saves, no cheats) on difficulty B/B.

Just over 4 million points. (I do much, much worse on difficulty A/A.)

Good grief! That's some skill. I have yet to make it past level 3 or so.

BTW, how many levels are there? Is there an ending? Pardon me if I've overlooked the answer to this somewhere.

Level 12 is the last level with new rooms to discover.

Once you beat Level 12, your egg count resets to zero, the ducks recover more quickly from being zapped, the background changes, random mode is turned on (if it wasn't already on) and more rooms start to go dark. New, super-fast, super-mean ducks appear at levels 18, 38, 58, 78 and 98, and there are unique bonus items through Level 100.

--Will