IGNORED

Duck Attack! - new Atari 2600 homebrew (NTSC & PAL)

e1will

The save state got messed up. It started when I wanted to reload a save at level 12 and hit the fire button instead of reset. I warped to level 12 and all the eggs are gone. I have aspergers syndrome and a learning advisability and sometimes they cause me to do the wrong thing.

Ah, that trap screen! Yes, it's possible to retrieve eggs from there, but it is a little tricky. Bringing the magnet or the balloon with you will make it easier.

I got it with the balloon and after I botched my save I tried to warp to level 12. Everything was wrong the background was green and there were only two eggs in the storeroom.

• 3 years later...

I head there is a easter egg you can reach with the blue ballon.  I tried walking through the walls all over the place and couldn't find a thing other then the last door for the flashing egg.  I feel like I am the only gunter here.

http://www.ataricompendium.com/game_library/easter_eggs/vcs/26duckattack.html

Edited by bradhig1

2 hours ago, bradhig1 said:

I head there is a easter egg you can reach with the blue ballon.  I tried walking through the walls all over the place and couldn't find a thing other then the last door for the flashing egg.  I feel like I am the only gunter here.

http://www.ataricompendium.com/game_library/easter_eggs/vcs/26duckattack.html

I may have made the Easter Egg too hard to find. Anyone else find it?

• Like 1

I have not found it, yet, but it is on my list of ones I am looking for. Cool to me that there are still Easter eggs in these older homebrews that still have not been found through conventional gameplay. 

By the way,  enjoyable game, with fun graphics and lots to explore and make it through. 

• Like 1

Ran into two problem areas One there is a door that you can't enter without being killed by a green tank on the otherside a glitch maybe. The other is through a white door in the berzerk area that leads to an endless looping set of screens after picking up the last egg but before taking it to the flashing door.

duckattack_7.png

duckattack_8.png

duckattack_9.png

duckattack_10.png

duckattack_11.png

duckattack_12.png

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be checking out Duck Attack! LIVE on tomorrow's (Wed Apr 15) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Just watched last nights replay, Duck Hunt! looks like it’s a lot of fun?

It was a really challenging and fun game to play and with a clever re-use of the maps as you go up the levels. There's a great deal of variety in the challenges and enemies plus the killer ducks are HUGE!!

- James

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

It's really a fantastic game that doesn't get the attention it deserves.  Anyone who likes Adventure-style games definitely should check it out.

..Al

Yup, definitely another game that I need to add to my collection.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

It was a really challenging and fun game to play and with a clever re-use of the maps as you go up the levels. There's a great deal of variety in the challenges and enemies plus the killer ducks are HUGE!!

- James

I didn't get to see it live, but I really enjoyed the replay! I kept wanting to offer hints. ?

It had not occurred to me that the shield looked like a dreidel, but you're right, it kinda does! However, there is - and I am not making this up - an actual dreidel later in the game. 

Duck Attack level 18 bonus dreidel.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, e1will said:

I didn't get to see it live, but I really enjoyed the replay! I kept wanting to offer hints. ?

It had not occurred to me that the shield looked like a dreidel, but you're right, it kinda does! However, there is - and I am not making this up - an actual dreidel later in the game. 

Duck Attack level 18 bonus dreidel.png

So maybe Duck Attack technically qualifies as the first Hanukkah game for the 2600?  I mean, in the same way that Die Hard counts as a Christmas movie. :P

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, bongleigh said:

Hey Will I wanna play your game but your website is down so I can't download the ROM 

Yeah, sorry about that... looong story with the website but I hope to get it back up in the not-too-distant future.

8 hours ago, DeafAtariFromKansas said:

Thanks for the assist!