IGNORED

Is it a good Idea to microwave this to be microwaving Atari 2600

BDW

They have been microwaving video products before.

They Microwaved the following video games items before this:

Psp

Xbox 360

Atari 2600 E.T. Cartridge

Nintendo Zapper

Wiimote

Ps 2

Snes

Gamecube

Original Gameboy

Nintendo DS

I wouldn't be shocked if they microwave most game consoles known to mankind the way they are going.

Edited by 8th lutz

Ha ha - this reminds me of something that happened at work this afternoon...

One of the woman in my office is a microwave-popcorn fiend. She started a bag of popcorn in the office lunchroom's microwave, and then walked away to the bathroom. I guess she punched in the wrong time, because the bag caught fire while she was gone and filled the office with smoke! Luckily she walked back in time to put it out with a fire extinguisher....!

• 1 month later...

Ahhh yes,there's no better way to get a nice dose of radiation than busting open a microwave popcorn bag. :skull:

You're kidding, right?

No he's not. Radiating your food to "cook" it is bad enough. Standing next to the microwave as the door busts open from an explosion radiating things such as petroleum products, metal and silicon is pure mental retardation. I will laugh out loud when I hear about those idiots in treatment for all the tumours and other forms of cancer they deserve, since obviously; their 1st brain isn't working and they're ignoring their 2nd brain ;-)

Ahhh yes,there's no better way to get a nice dose of radiation than busting open a microwave popcorn bag. :skull:

You're kidding, right?

No i'm not kidding,its been documented that microwave popcorn is the worst thing to cook in a microwave,for releasing radiation.

No i'm not kidding,its been documented that microwave popcorn is the worst thing to cook in a microwave,for releasing radiation.

Are you suggesting that the microwave radiation accumulates in the microwave popcorn bag while heating, and then is released when you open the bag? Or that the microwaves somehow induce radioactivity in the substances contained within the bag? We're getting off-topic here, but that is, on it's face, contrary to the laws of physics. So if it is indeed documented, as you claim, that microwave popcorn is the worst thing to cook in a microwave for releasing radiation, to that I'd say: [citation needed]

Are you suggesting that the microwave radiation accumulates in the microwave popcorn bag while heating, and then is released when you open the bag? Or that the microwaves somehow induce radioactivity in the substances contained within the bag? We're getting off-topic here, but that is, on it's face, contrary to the laws of physics. So if it is indeed documented, as you claim, that microwave popcorn is the worst thing to cook in a microwave for releasing radiation, to that I'd say: [citation needed]

Just give it a while, there will eventually be another documented study saying the exact opposite before too long I'm sure. ;)

After popcorn is out of a microwave, there is only thermal radiation (infrared) which is the same type you would get from a conventional oven. The worst that can happen is your fingers might get burned by the escaping steam.

I'm sure that's not what you were talking about, though, as I suspect you don't know how a microwave works.

Microwaving Peeps holds a certain fascination.

I've actually done this a few times. It's pretty cool and they don't blow open the microwave door either... which brings up an interesting question... how many peeps would you need to microwave to blow open the door like the iPod did in the video above?

I've actually done this a few times. It's pretty cool and they don't blow open the microwave door either... which brings up an interesting question... how many peeps would you need to microwave to blow open the door like the iPod did in the video above?

Give it a try, take a video and find out! lol

Give it a try, take a video and find out! lol

Um, if it kills my microwave, will you buy me a replacement? Just imagine the cleanup of 100's of exploded peeps... hehe... now that I think about it, maybe I'll just go buy a junk microwave from Goodwill just for this purpose...

Um, if it kills my microwave, will you buy me a replacement? Just imagine the cleanup of 100's of exploded peeps... hehe... now that I think about it, maybe I'll just go buy a junk microwave from Goodwill just for this purpose...

Goodwill by us will not sell used microwaves, will yours? Come to think of it, mattresses and computers for that matter too. Okay, try this:

Take a microwave outside where if it blows up, nothing will get hurt. Fill the entire thing up with Peeps. Completely wrap duct tape around the microwave so the door doesn't blow open. Set your video camera on a tripod, zoom in and record. Set the microwave on 'high', start and get the flock out of the way! lmao

Goodwill by us will not sell used microwaves, will yours? Come to think of it, mattresses and computers for that matter too. Okay, try this:

Take a microwave outside where if it blows up, nothing will get hurt. Fill the entire thing up with Peeps. Completely wrap duct tape around the microwave so the door doesn't blow open. Set your video camera on a tripod, zoom in and record. Set the microwave on 'high', start and get the flock out of the way! lmao

Yes the Goodwill's in my area sell microwaves and computers... but wait, are you implying I blow up some peeps inside Goodwill? They do have electrical outlets to test things...

*insert evil laugh here* :twisted: MUHAHAHAHAHA

This sounds like something for the MythBusters to do and not me the more I think about it. Just last night I saw them make a boat out of duct tape. Those guys are crazy cool.

Edited by seanhq

Microwaving Peeps holds a certain fascination.

Lol, this reminds me of the time when I wanted to make smores. I was about 6, and we had not marshmellows. So I grabbed a piece of Salt Water Taffy (mistake 1) out of the cupboard, and pulling up the chair to the microwave. I put it in for about 3 minutes (mistake 2). When it was done, I felt the need to touch it (mistake 3). Well, to say the least, I got burned. It also happened to be my first burn, and in the end, my skin died and turned a funny brownish grayish color.

Ya' hear that kids? Dont microwave salt water taffy! :roll:

You're kidding, right?

You people are amazing. Your genius apparently knows no bounds. Mmkay, I'm just gonna pass along some facts here. Viddy well my brothers, viddy well:

1. A microwave uses radio waves to cook food. No nuclear material, no mad-scientist shit. "Nuking" is just slang, it's not what really happens.

2. A microwave oven and a regular oven do the exact same thing, namely excite atoms. Sounds mad-scientist, huh? Right, except that the everyday phrase for exciting atoms is "heating it up." The only difference is how they do it. The conventional oven does it from the outside in, and the microwave does it from the inside out.

3. The only reason microwave popcorn is "the worst thing to cook in a microwave" is the chemist's wet-dream creation which passes for butter flavoring.

I'm still not 100% convinced that you weren't all joking with some of your statements. I just took the dearth of smilies in your posts as a hint you weren't. If I'm wrong, well, you got me. :dunce:

-tet

This skips the crap and shows them sticking the Atari 2600 in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUz507evM4Y&start=98

I see the joystick is torn up. I guess that's what happens when you sit on it too often with your pants down.

Edited by Random Terrain