IGNORED

Is it a good Idea to microwave this to be microwaving Atari 2600

BDW

This skips the crap and shows them sticking the Atari 2600 in:

I see the joystick is torn up. I guess that's what happens when you sit on it too often with your pants down.

Awesome! A Pong-Off!

After watching the video, Atari 2600 clearly won over the NES in the Microwave. At least it was a refurbished 2600 4-switch (see red sticker on bottom).

I see the joystick is torn up. I guess that's what happens when you sit on it too often with your pants down.

ROTFLMAO! But seriously... thanks for that visual. Think I'm going to throw up now. hehe

A little ad thingy popped up while I was watching and said that these guys make money off their videos. Is this true? If so, how? Don't you have to buy something from an ad on YouTube off their page in order for them to get paid? If not, how does that work?

Edited by save2600

ROTFLMAO! But seriously... thanks for that visual. Think I'm going to throw up now. hehe

A little ad thingy popped up while I was watching and said that these guys make money off their videos. Is this true? If so, how? Don't you have to buy something from an ad on YouTube off their page in order for them to get paid? If not, how does that work?

I think when you sign up your account for advertising on YouTube, the ads generate money for YT and the owners of the account get a share of the profits off the advertising. Obviously this would only be worth signing up for if your videos get a ton of hits each day.

Either that or YT decides you'd make them a fair amount of cash and give you some too... But I think you have to sign up for it. :D

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/t/partnerships_faq

To become a YouTube Partner, you must meet these minimum requirements:

• You create original videos suitable for online streaming.
    _
  • You own or have express permission to use and monetize all audio and video content that you upload -- no exceptions.
    _
  • You regularly upload videos that are viewed by thousands of YouTube users.

That probably means clips of you playing video games don't count since you don't own the video and audio of the game. You can't use music you didn't write or show commercials or clips from movies or TV shows. If it's just you sitting in front of a web cam chattering on about the latest pop star, that's acceptable and you'll probably make a ton of money.

• 4 months later...

Actually, this is one of my favorite shows on YouTube, though I haven't seen all of season 7.

Here's another Atari-related video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svu2M8Y0NAU

And more video game related videos..

And for plain old dangerous microwave fun..

More info..

When they run out of toxic material to microwave, they'll switch to live puppies and kittens. It's more organic and better for the environment.

Actually, I noticed that Season 1's list consisted of mundane kitchen and household items. It took them 120 episodes to get to anything more dangerous than variations of lights & batteries, like thermite. The airbag... that one just took the cake. I'm really surprised it only took out one pane of glass (and a microwave ... and blew the door 30 feet away).