IGNORED

Mario Bros. custom controllers

Yurkie

1/10/10 Taking $30 deposits for supplies. I will start making them as soon as I have 5 or more deposits.

12/31/09 Starting a list for people that want to make a deposit for the next run of controllers. 23 sets have been produced and additional sets will only be made if there is a demand, up to a Maximum of 45 sets total.

12/08/09, I have 7 more set available for sale, unless there is a high demand after the game is released, I will not be making anymore.

09/08/09 Photos of completed box

09/11/09 Marquee sticker, revised overlay and coin pictures added on page 2

09/18/09 Dyed Controllers posted on page 2 Nearing completion. Box, tray and completed controller pics will be posted soon.

9/22/09 I consulted with a chemist yesterday about achieving a nice satin/gloss finish. I was not happy with the initial matte finish I got. I have a couple hundred hours work in the graphics and R&D, I want these to look as close to a commercial product as possible.

09/24/09 I have pictures of the completed set at the end of this thread, and I started a new thread here in marketplace with pictures in the first post.

10/02/09 I am accepting controllers for a $30 core credit and taking a $20 deposit if you wish to purchase a set

Please refer to my new thread or my post at the end of this thread for full details

I am not requiring anyone to make a deposit on the Mario Bros. boxed cartridge release. I apologize for the confusion this has caused.

I was trying to promote the boxed game and increase sales. If you want just the controllers you may buy them, and not buy the game.[/b]

I am doing an interest check to see if people would like to own a set custom Mario and Luigi controllers to celebrate the Mario Bros. homebrew that CollectorVision is producing. I have created a custom overlay for the controllers already and will be ordering dye soon. There will be a Red controller for Mario with black fire buttons and a Green controller for Luigi with black fire buttons. These will each have one of the custom overlays and the controller will have a 6 foot straight cord. The joystick will be the original top but with a gold Mario coin (made with the same plastic film material as the overlays) in place of the silver disc. These will sell for $140 a set with shipping for US Customers set at $9 I am probably NOT going to except donor controllers, I have a quite a few and I have a member that has dozens he is willing to sell to me.

I am NOT going to require a deposit. I am making a list of those interested and they will be on a first come first serve basis. I will request payment in full when your set is ready to ship.

Feel free to post comments and send me an IM if you want to be on the list for a set. I will probably produce as many as there is a demand for. I am going to make these in batches of 10 or 20, so the sooner you send an IM to be on the list the sooner you will get your set.

****This will be a boxed set****

*** The pause key location on the overlay has been fixed this picture was of a prototype I made, final overlay is on page 2 of the thread ***

post-23318-125167848401_thumb.jpg

Hmm.. quite tempting... will the controllers be refurbished and work like new too? One of my controllers is having an issue with the top-left corner. I used a controller test program (on one of my carts) to test it out. I can always switch controllers for the time being and eventually order a couple Super Action Controllers as those are godo too.

But these sound very interesting... Mario and Luigi controllers eh? Maybe do a mock-up so people can see what the final product will look like and it should generate more interest.

These cool overlays for Mario Bros... will it come with the game or only with the controllers? Just curious.

Hmm.. quite tempting... will the controllers be refurbished and work like new too? One of my controllers is having an issue with the top-left corner. I used a controller test program (on one of my carts) to test it out. I can always switch controllers for the time being and eventually order a couple Super Action Controllers as those are godo too.

But these sound very interesting... Mario and Luigi controllers eh? Maybe do a mock-up so people can see what the final product will look like and it should generate more interest.

These cool overlays for Mario Bros... will it come with the game or only with the controllers? Just curious.

I will completely rebuild every controller to absolutely 100% perfect working order for all these sets.

I have the description of the color scheme listed in the first post.

Here is an sample image of the Marquee which will be a sticker on the end of the controller.

I also wanted to add that the pause key in that overlay has been moved down a little so that the position is correct. This was a prototype.

post-23318-125169628759_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie

Do you have a source for joystick knobs like DoubleDown uses? I still haven't figured out where is he getting that part.. ;) yet :D

AX

No, But I don't want to use those for these controllers. I am going to put a "Mario Coin" in place of the silver disc. I have that in the first post.

I want to add that I am a talented hobbyist and these are not going to be some lame looking hack job. These will look great or I will not sell them. I can understand people being a bit stand-offish about me offering these... I actually respect that, and would be the same way if I where in your shoes reading this.

I am not asking anyone to "commit" to anything right now. I am just checking interest. Let's assume that they will look just as nice as the controllers doubledown made. If you would want a set then, please post your interest.

I think that's cool. I'd just like to figure out what happ or whatever joystick he is using for those :evil: :D

AX

Doubledown is a very talented guy, I very much appreciate him telling me the source of his dye supplier. :) I would not even have offered these had I not got that information. I wanted to use the same brand and source of dye that he used. I purchased a set of his DK and DKJ controllers and can admire them in person and see the quality of that dye.

In fact, Doubledown is going to help Yurkie on this project ;)

The Refurbished Controllers will work like new ones!

And they'll look like no other ones!

They'll even comes Complete in a Box !!! :cool:

Can't wait to play some Mario Bros with those controllers! :)

Whoa... a box. That's very awesome (and no I'm not being sarcastic) Wait till nonner finds out.

AX

In fact, Doubledown is going to help Yurkie on this project ;)

The Refurbished Controllers will work like new ones!

And they'll look like no other ones!

They'll even comes Complete in a Box !!! :cool:

Can't wait to play some Mario Bros with those controllers! :)

You should not have posted this.

I apologize if Retroillucid misunderstood me. I only told him that I had spoke to doubledown. Doubledown agreed to Nothing. I am going to meet with him later in the week, show him my overlay and discuss the project. I would like to apologize to you doubledown for this posting, I did not say you had agreed to anything. I only said, that I had spoke to you about a possible joint venture on these controllers.

Any interested parties please disregard retroillucid's post. If doubledown chooses to help with this project he will make a posting and announce it for himself.

Still doing the box though?

AX

I really didn't want retroillucid to say anything! :x I was just telling him some ideas I had. I am indeed going to make a box. It will have a slide out tray and a clear window on the front so that the controllers can be seen without removing them. The only way I will not be making one is if I cannot do it because of size. I can only afford-ably print the box on 11x17 card stock. I was crunching out the dimensioning plans yesterday, and I think if the top and bottom are seperate panels and glued together on the sides and bottom it will possible. The top tab will go over the top and fold into the box and there will be a locking tab on the backside that holds it shut. The top will look similar to this box from a child's toy. This box is in pretty bad shape...my GF's Grandaughter ripped it open, but hopefully it gives you an idea.

post-23318-125181388016_thumb.jpg

Am I in? :)

Very good possibility. Are you on the list to purchase a copy of Mario Bros. ?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/148178-mario-bros-colecovision-taking-pre-order/page__fromsearch__1

*** 09/11/09 *** You don't have to buy the game, to buy the controller set from me

Edited by Yurkie

Am I in? :)

Very good possibility. Are you on the list to purchase a copy of Mario Bros. ?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/148178-mario-bros-colecovision-taking-pre-order/page__fromsearch__1

Yes, I requested to be added to the Mario Bros. list just a little while ago.

John

No purchase of the Mario Bros. game is required to buy this controller set.

Edited by Yurkie