IGNORED

Mario Bros. custom controllers

Yurkie

I'm in. :) I missed out on the DK and DK Jr controllers so I'd like to get in on these. :) By the way, Mario Bros pre-ordered too.

I will make sure you get a set of these! Please send me an IM with a request for a set. I want to make sure I distribute them on a first come first serve basis.

*** 9/11/09 *** No Mario Bros. game purchase or deposit of any kind needs to be made to buy this controller set.

I will be ordering the dye in the next couple days, and will have a picture of the first completed set posted as soon as they are complete. I working hard on the box graphics right now. I want this to look great! Here is low resolution sample of the graphics for the box top flap. I still have some touch up work to do on it, but wanted to give everyone a peek.

post-23318-125192561639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie

"After the game is released this deposit will not apply."

Yurkie,

Are you saying the deposit will NOT be applied to the balance? Does not seem right if that is the case.

edit: I think I understand now.You will not be taking a deposit after the game release right?. Sorry Yurkie :)

Edited by ClassicTom

Box is almost done, I will be taking it to the printer on Tuesday

I just ordered the dye. 3 cans of red, 3 cans of green and 1 can of black. Man that dye is expensive. :(

I will be rebuilding some controllers as soon as I finish the box.

So far I have 10 people on my list:

retroillucid

the.golden.ax

chuys450

dalder

rga321

purenergy

King_Salamon

RayXambeR

ianoid

JEFF31

If you would like to get on the list early send me an IM.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

Edited by Yurkie

Here are low resolution images of my controller box. I have to do a little touch up work on the graphics, but the sizing and lay out is finished.

Because the largest card stock I can have printed is 11X17 making this box was a challenge. The white area on the front panel will be cut-out and a clear plastic sheet will be put in place so the controllers can be seen without removing them. The white areas on the back panel are glued on the inside this area will not be visable.

This will be printed on 2 pieces and assembled to make the complete box. It is a huge 300ppi image on my computer, this sample is resized to 20%.

I laid this out on a piece of poster board, cut it out and glued the 2 together and it looks great. I am working on the tray right now, and like I said it will be submitted to my printer Tuesday.

Comments appreciated.

post-23318-125212986892_thumb.jpg

post-23318-125212989231_thumb.jpg

I am happy to announce that I have the box, tray insert, gold coin for controller top and envelope for storing the overlays completed and ready to take to my printer. I am going to call him in the morning and set-up an appointment to get everything printed. Only took about 60 or 70 hours.

Tomorrow I am going to start rebuilding controllers.

I hope I get the dye quickly.

I am happy to announce that I have the box, tray insert, gold coin for controller top and envelope for storing the overlays completed and ready to take to my printer. I am going to call him in the morning and set-up an appointment to get everything printed. Only took about 60 or 70 hours.

Tomorrow I am going to start rebuilding controllers.

I hope I get the dye quickly.

Thanks for the update

I have assembled one box that I had printed as a test and one half of the tray insert.

Here are pictures.

There will be 2 of these trays. The box window will have a clear piece of film over it, so that controllers may be viewed without removing them.

post-23318-125243349209_thumb.jpg

post-23318-125243352422_thumb.jpg

post-23318-125243354992_thumb.jpg

post-23318-125243358048_thumb.jpg

post-23318-125243361394_thumb.jpg

post-23318-125243363636_thumb.jpg

I have assembled one box that I had printed as a test and one half of the tray insert.

Here are pictures.

There will be 2 of these trays. The box window will have a clear piece of film over it, so that controllers may be viewed without removing them.

Man, that look AWESOME! :thumbsup: :lust:

I am not happy with the tray half. I think it looks like crap. I am going to redo it. I am also looking into the possibility of having completed boxed set shrink wrapped.

I am waiting on dye and will post pictures of a finished set of controllers ASAP.

Yurkie,

I'm number 13 on the pre-order list and am interested in a set of these. Wanted to get some of doubledowns controllers but things just didn't work out.

Jeff

Your number 10 on my pre-order list. I will contact you when your set is ready for shipment.

Thank you for your support.

Lookin good! Don't get them shrinked, I'll never try them. I have a mental issue with shrinkwrap :D

AX

I will send you your set without shrinkwrap AX.... I am just kidding, I am NOT going to shrink wrap them, they are meant to enjoy. I thought about it and it would be a bad thing in my opinion to shrinkwrap any homebrew item. Thanks for your feedback and making me realize this. :)

The end of the box has a locking tab, that folds in to place. This keeps the box closed, there is no adhesive on this tab, and no tape will be used to seal the box.

My GF and I used here debit card to purchase the dye, and the status changed from pending to a charge Wednesday. I assume means that the order was processed. I hope to get it in the next week or so. I am going to dye a set as soon as I get it, and post pictures.

Intially I am making 5 sets, after these sell. I am going to make another 10 sets as soon as I can. After these I will make 10 or 20 more sets at a time depending on demand. I very much appreciate, the 10 pre-orders and I will work hard to fill these order, and all other orders ASAP. I am not going to keep people waiting any longer than I have to. The dye is very expensive and I want to collect payment and ship these first 5 so that I can reinvest in more dye.

I appreciate everyone's support in this project. I will post pictures for the coin joystick top, marquee controller end sticker and revised overlay with the pause button location fixed. I am very detail oriented and I want things to look great.

It's nice to have another person who appreciates the cost of the plastics dye. Some people have thought I'm charging too much at $79.95 for the 7800 ProVantageSticks (modified NES Advantage sticks) but they are fairly large = lots of dye, custom decals, sanding, filling of holes) The controller mods are not cheap ;) a true labor of love.

AX

It's nice to have another person who appreciates the cost of the plastics dye. Some people have thought I'm charging too much at $79.95 for the 7800 ProVantageSticks (modified NES Advantage sticks) but they are fairly large = lots of dye, custom decals, sanding, filling of holes) The controller mods are not cheap ;) a true labor of love.

AX

Plus the fact that shipping was $29.00 for my small initial order!

Defiantly NOT a get rich thing.

Glad you pointed that out AX.

Man, I love these things, but I'm on the fence because of the price (and I fully understand why it's so much). I have the Pac-Man controllers and passed on the Donkey Kong ones, which disappointed me. This one does sound pretty darn nice, though!

Edited by Bill_Loguidice