IGNORED

Mario Bros. custom controllers

Yurkie

I finally received my set of Mario Bros. controllers today and I have to say it was definately worth the wait. I love the box it comes in with the viewing window so you can admire the hard work that must have gone into making them. The controllers themselves are top-notch. Great job with the plastic dye and the insertable overlays. Great work Yurkie!!

Thank You Sir, for the kind words. I am glad you are happy with your set.

I only have 6 sets left to sell. I am no longer accepting deposits on these. Payment in full insures your set will be shipped within 2 business days of receipt of payment. I have 2 of the 6 completely done and ready to ship. The remaining 4 only need a few finishing touches and could easily be completed with an hour or so of work per set. I am now only shipping to the USA and Canada.

$140 plus $9 shipping USA : Controllers will ship USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and insured for $150

$140 plus $19 shipping for Canada : Controllers will ship USPS Priority Mail insured for the declared value of $140 (delivery confirmation is not available)

Over and above this I am going to send every customer a scanned copy of the paperwork in .pdf format for their records.

Additional sets after these 6:

I have decided that if I make more it will be on an up front deposit only basis. I am going to require $30 deposit and use this money for supplies to reduce my up front cost. Time between deposit and shipment may be as long as 30 days. Also if there are not at least 5 people willing to put up the deposit I am not going to make anymore. If demand warrants making more I have decided that I am going to limit the total quantity produced to a Maximum of 45 sets. Once I end this project, I will never produce another set for any reason. I want these to be a limited collectable for the hardcore ColecoVision fan.

I have sold 13 sets total as of this posting. I have 6 more right now that I am offering for sale.

I am giving retroillucid and the.golden.ax a set for free and 1 set is going to be for myself. That is 22 sets total. That means if you miss out on these current sets you are gambling that at least 5 or more people are going to be willing to put up a deposit, and wait a month for me to ship them. I really doubt that will happen.

I can see the red Mario Bros. CIB catridge and a boxed set of controllers sold as a combination going for $500+ on Ebay in a few years.

Consider this a friendly warning, if your interested it would be in your best interest to act quickly, otherwise you may miss out.

Edited by Yurkie

This is very very tempting seeing as how I'm ordering a red copy Mario Bros. on Wednesday. Depending on the funds I have available I will let you know for sure what I decide. It just seems expensive at first but judging by the amount of effort and hard work you've put into these it's obvious the money is in the right place.

I received 2 deposit requests just after posting the last message and decided to except them. I also have a customer that is going to be sending payment. That will leave only 3 for sale.

Game cartridge thread has been updated and says cartridges are shipping this week.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/148178-mario-bros-colecovision-ready-to-ship/page__fromsearch__1

This game is super cool and plays like the Arcade game. If the Red Cartridge sells out there is also a black and a Classic. I highly recommend you get a copy NO MATTER WHAT.

Just received mine yesterday, and they are beyond AWESOME! I've bought many retro games and controllers over the years, and this is hands down one of the best! Yurkie, YOU ROCK! Items like this are what make the retro community worthwhile. Well worth the money! One of the highlights of my collection. Happy Holidays to all!

TGNOY

• Like 1

Just received mine yesterday, and they are beyond AWESOME! I've bought many retro games and controllers over the years, and this is hands down one of the best! Yurkie, YOU ROCK! Items like this are what make the retro community worthwhile. Well worth the money! One of the highlights of my collection. Happy Holidays to all!

TGNOY

Thank You for the compliments TGNOY.

I still have 2 sets remaining for sale. These must be paid in full.

If you are short on money and wish to be on a list for a batch of 10 sets, send me an IM. If I get 10 or more people interested in buying a set I will request a $30 deposit from all 10 people at the same time and begin work on making more. Please keep in mind that regardless of demand, I will produce a MAXIMUM of 45 total sets.

Got my controllers! They are WAY COOL! I dont know how you did it but the coloring looks great! Thanks again Yurkie! They are proudly on display in my game room! If anyone is on the fence about these, let me just say, they are worth it!

Thanks for the kind words. I am very glad you like them.

I still have 2 sets and am taking requests for a waiting list for more.

Got my set and I have to say this is a top notch job. The controllers alone look great and I can't wait to try them out once Mario Bros. shows up in mailbox.

The fact that he made inserts for the game and the packaging on top of it is just like icing on a cake; it really completes the whole "package" feel of the controller set.

Well done Yurkie!

• Like 1

Got my set and I have to say this is a top notch job. The controllers alone look great and I can't wait to try them out once Mario Bros. shows up in mailbox.

The fact that he made inserts for the game and the packaging on top of it is just like icing on a cake; it really completes the whole "package" feel of the controller set.

Well done Yurkie!

Thank You for the compliments Sir. You a great guy to do business with.

I received one set returrned by the Post Office that I thought had been lost in the mail. It is available for immediate shipping and in perfect condition.

Same price as always.

Send me an IM if you wish to purchase it.

Edited by Yurkie

coleconut made a really nice video showcasing different ColecoVision controllers. He shows the originals then some third party... and lastly shows doubledown's DK and DKJ set and my Mario Bros. Set. Very cool video, and I think the Classic Video game fan will enjoy it. Here is a link.

To provide better service I am going to modify my offer for buying a set of Mario Controllers. I will make 1 set at a time to fill orders as they come in. I will just need a $30 deposit from you with the understanding that balance of payment is due when they are completed and ready to ship.

I am keeping with my commitment that a maximum of 45 sets will be produced. I have made 23 sets, that means 22 are available if the demand is there.

Send me an IM if you would like to buy a set. I will reply promptly.

No request have been made for a set recently so I have decided to do the following.

I will except deposits between now and 1/31/10 at midnight.

I will ship your set in no more than 30 days from the date deposit is made.

I will make a Maximum of 22 more sets.

I will make only the number of sets that I receive deposits for.

These will never be produced again.

$30 deposit for up to 22 more sets insures you will receive your set.

IM me between now and the deadline to get in on this offer.

I would like to express my sincerest thanks to everyone who has purchased a set.

Edited by Yurkie

No request have been made for a set have been made recently so I have decided to do the following.

I would like to express my sincerest thanks to everyone who has purchased a set.

I don't know if you have been monitoring the Mario Bros thread in the Homebrew Discussion forums, but most people are still waiting for their copies of Mario Bros to arrive in the mail, including me. Personally, I am tempted to purchase these custom controllers, especially if the special box is included, but I certainly won't do that until I receive my copy of the game, whatever deadline you decide to set.

No request have been made for a set have been made recently so I have decided to do the following.

I don't know if you have been monitoring the Mario Bros thread in the Homebrew Discussion forums, but most people are still waiting for their copies of Mario Bros to arrive in the mail, including me. Personally, I am tempted to purchase these custom controllers, especially if the special box is included, but I certainly won't do that until I receive my copy of the game, whatever deadline you decide to set.

I appreciate what you are saying, but I figured it was time to put this project to rest. The game is awesome and J-F will make sure everyone gets their copy.

The back of the box has an advertisement for the game, since the controller set was made before the game was complete. Here is the back of the box in reduced size.

post-23318-12644405203_thumb.jpg

I have had my controller set from Yurkie for some time and got my copy of the game from Retro today. These controllers are very well made and if you have bought a copy of the game, you really do need to get a set of the controllers as well. Can't say enough good things about this set. Top notch all the way.

.... but I certainly won't do that until I receive my copy of the game, whatever deadline you decide to set.

Luc, do not hesitate to order a set from Yurkie (You're sure to get the game anyway)

He has done an extremely great job with those controllers set and I'm REALLY sure you'll enjoy them ;)

This worth every penny spend here ;)

Revision and clarification:

I was talking to a few of the members and they where telling me that, they where waiting to see if they get their Mario Bros. Cartridge before putting a deposit down on a set of controllers. I can understand and respect that. I set the deadline for requests as 1/31/10 at midnight.

The question arises, if someone where to send a request at 11:45 pm 1/31/10 and I didn't respond in 15 minutes with details would they miss out.....NO

I guess I may as well "tip my hand" I was going to give everyone that made a request by 1/31/10 at midnight about a week to send the deposit. So to make things simple this will be the revised offer.

Send request by 1/31/10 at midnight (11:59:59 once it hits midnight it is 2/1/10) and I will give you details and the Paypal address to make the deposit. You then have until Noon Saturday February 6th to send payment.

I very much appreciate everyone's support and want to make things fair for everyone. I will not make any exceptions to this offer. I am not going to make any extra sets either, only enough to fill all orders, up to a max of 22...which would put total produced at 45.

On Saturday Feb. 6th I will post the final tally of total amount of sets to be made based on deposits.

If your on the fence, send me an IM and I will give you full details and Paypal address for deposit, from there it is up to you to have deposit payment made by Feb. 6th at Noon.

I just picked my set up from the post office today (missed the mailman yesterday :sad:). Unfortunately my game hasn't arrived yet so I wasn't able to play that, I did play a few games of Donkey Kong Jr. and these controllers are amazing. I could not have been happier with my purchase. Now hopefully my game will show up today so I can fully enjoy this.

I have gotten 1 deposit and 3 maybes.

Even if you are up in the air about buying a set, and waiting on your cartridge, I must receive an IM request for a set by 1/31/10 at midnight. I will then send you paypal address for deposit. You are under no obligation, and it will be up to you to decide whether or not to make deposit by 2/6/10 at NOON. If deposit is not received your request will be voided.

I am not making any exceptions to these deadlines.

I would like to Thank everyone for the recent compliments on this thread.