IGNORED

Arcade Home Conversions not released as mame roms?

Foxsolo2000

OK what I am looking for is a list of games that have not been released as mame roms but have been released as home conversions? For example as far as I know Aaah Real Monsters! has not been released as a mame Rom but was released for the MegaDrive/Genesis. So the question is can anyone help? ;)

OK what I am looking for is a list of games that have not been released as mame roms but have been released as home conversions? For example as far as I know Aaah Real Monsters! has not been released as a mame Rom but was released for the MegaDrive/Genesis. So the question is can anyone help? ;)

Can you provide me with a link to an image or flyer for an Aaah Real Monsters! arcade game? I'm not sure one like the MD/Genesis game exists. All I can find is a Redemption game themed with Aaah real monsters! but no video game.

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters was only released for the Genesis and the SNES. There was no arcade version.

There are some arcade games which have console and/or PC ports that are too new to be in MAME, like Street Fighter IV (last I knew, the policy is to wait until an arcade game is 3 years old before including it in MAME). Also, there are some older games that are in MAME, but are not working correctly (such as most of the "Virtua" series of arcade games; most of which had Sega console ports). Most of the Sega NAOMI arcade games are either not in MAME or are not working, and many of those had Sega Dreamcast ports (since Dreamcast was essentially NAOMI hardware in the first place).

Edited by MaximRecoil

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters was only released for the Genesis and the SNES. There was no arcade version.

Ok I apologise for the misinformation but on several sites the above rom is listed as a mame rom. THat is perhaps why it never works. Anway here is a link to a list of unmamed arcade roms http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_other80.html#AAArgh ;)

Very few games have actually been "Released" as MAME ROMs.

By definition, we're all violating Copyright by running most of the games that are emulated. The original makers probably don't exactly care very much, but with Retro being in vogue on consoles and with older games being recreated on phones and such, that care factor is likely increasing, not they can do much about it though.

Hi, there are 2 different games.

Ahh! Real Monsters (Genesis, Snes) is based on Nickelodeon TV series, and Aaargh! is a (very poor) Rampage-clone game for 8 and 16 bit computers (amiga, atari st, commodore, etc.) Later was released as arcade game on an Arcadia system (=arcade system based on C= Amiga hardware).

You can read more about this system in the same link:

http://unmamed.mamew...r80.html#AAArgh

a bit above, in Pool game description.

Some of Arcadia system games are emulated in mame, for Aaargh you can try the home versions (C= Amiga will be the best version anyway).

Very few games have actually been "Released" as MAME ROMs.

By definition, we're all violating Copyright by running most of the games that are emulated. The original makers probably don't exactly care very much, but with Retro being in vogue on consoles and with older games being recreated on phones and such, that care factor is likely increasing, not they can do much about it though.

post-12390-125193952671_thumb.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)