IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Just wanted to place a report, I have finished four Pac-Man carts today and one Multi-Cart, one more Pac-Man cart to do and then there's the eight Multi-Carts to finish up, two of them is from batch #2.

The first four carts of batch #3 have been promised to get a picture instead of a line of text. That customization will take a little extra time before the final two are done.

If anyone is not eager to get theirs and can wait a little longer, please tell and I'll wait with that until last.

If I can keep the current pace up I'll have all done before the week is over, see first message in thread for current list.

I'll report again as soon as more work has been done, thanks for waiting and thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Just wanted to place a report, I have finished four Pac-Man carts today and one Multi-Cart, one more Pac-Man cart to do and then there's the eight Multi-Carts to finish up, two of them is from batch #2.

The first four carts of batch #3 have been promised to get a picture instead of a line of text. That customization will take a little extra time before the final two are done.

If anyone is not eager to get theirs and can wait a little longer, please tell and I'll wait with that until last.

If I can keep the current pace up I'll have all done before the week is over, see first message in thread for current list.

I'll report again as soon as more work has been done, thanks for waiting and thanks for your patience.

Fredrick, i hope 1 multicart and 1 of those pacman are for me,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the current and exact waiting list, I have spent this week cleaning three awful looking moldy SABA-cartridge shells, even required some light sanding an polishing to get them into normal shape. Three PCBs are partially soldered (all surface mounted circuits except rom)

Paid orders

#19: Russ, paid: Dec 9th 2009, also Pac-Man which was ready-built January 11th 2011(YYYY-MM-DD)

#20: Jose, paid: Jan 11th 2010, Ready-built October 9th, shipped January 11th 2011 (yes that's one year)

These four carts need additional programming for startup picture, code is done but not yet compiled, debugged and properly tested.

#21: Joe S, paid: Jan 29th 2010, also Pac-Man which was ready built January 11th 2011 (don't have the details about startup-picture).

#22: Judith, paid Feb 26th, 2010, (startup picture motif is chosen and done)

#23: Brad, paid: May 3rd 2010, (startup picture not yet chosen AFAI can see right now in my list)

#24: Laurent, paid: May 18th 2010, (startup picture motif chosen but not yet done)

#25: Scott, paid: May 27th 2010 (also Pac-Man cart)

#26: Rick, paid: May 31st 2010

#27: Heath, paid: Jul 16th 2010

#28: Kimmo, paid: Feb 1st 2011 (also Pac-Man #42)

(end of current paid orders)

I think I only have boxes for 50 Pac-Man carts, so I'm considering stopping there.

Good thing I went through this properly, I had missed Heath who paid when I was really sick last summer.

So for now 28 Multi-Carts sold and 42 Pac-Man.

I'll finish #19 this week and then take care of the extra programming of carts 21-24.

If anyone would like to help me design the box for the Multi-Cart, it would be appreciated, I have attached some help. Check my gallery for inspiration (click link in my signature below). If there are several examples maybe I can start a new thread and have a vote about it. A small and simple sketch is all that is needed, the attached picture is the size used for the final print. It's a huge picture, scroll down after it has finally opened and you'll find the SAVE-link almost furthest to the left in the window.

post-10242-0-72378000-1302080515_thumb.png

EDIT: Next cart in line is #21, the others have been shipped.

Edited by e5frog

Posted Today, 9:13 PM :

Just thought I should update so that it will appear on new messages, all carts before #21 have been shipped, I'm working on the code for the next four carts right now.

Posted 0:09 AM :

Just finished the alternative menu with the picture dislay instead of name/word screen for the four carts mentioned above. Left me with no unused bytes - had to shorten the signature to fit the last 16 bytes.

Good night.

Edited by e5frog

#21 is on hold until I get an answer from the buyer, cart #22 is ready apart from labels, it will ship this week, maybe already tomorrow.

As I'm waiting for reply regarding the same information for #23 as #21 and #24 has changed owners and I'm still waiting for that information I will continue with cart #25.

EDIT:

Cart #22 is ready and will be shipped tomorrow.

Edited by e5frog

I'm 23. Do you need info from me? I sent updated address. Thanks!

Yes, I got the new address.

I sent you an e-mail two days ago asking for details regarding your cart...

This one: eebuckeye@nc... etc

You're in the small group of people that got the startup-picture version, haven't heard anything about the motif yet as far as I can remember. A link to a picture or a picture sent to my e-mail will be fine. Usually takes 30-60 minutes to edit it so that it fits the Channel F (102x58 pixels, green, blue, red and limited background options).

Also, the four fast start options is needed (hold one of buttons 1-4, press reset and game will start immediately) e-mail what you want there or send a PM. If you've changed e-mail addresses, update me on that as well.

It's a bit slow to go through the menu each time you want to start one of the favorites, that's the reason I added it. It would be possible to have 16 fast start options if you used all combinations of the buttons - or all entries if you used the controllers as well... but it's faster then to go through the menu perhaps. ;-)

Maybe I should add a larger step in the menu so that you can jump five entries at the time by moving forward/backward...

Newcomers, please wait a bit, want to get the waiting orders done ASAP.

If you insist, and don't mind waiting, send a PM and we will arrange payment, price can be found in the initial message in this thread.

I finished #24 yesterday (apart form the back and front label) it will be finished up and shipped today.

Edited by e5frog

Four circuit boards left to build for the old orders.

I'll start taking in payments for new orders on Monday, current price is yet again $125 as can be seen on the first page.

My thoughts go out to Jerry Lawsons friends and family that he left behind after he passed away this Saturday 9th of April.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/179363-mr-lawson-channel-f-gets-recognized-as-a-pioneer/page__view__findpost__p__2243055

For those who don't recognize the name, he was the one who constructed the Fairchild Video Entertainment System (among other things).

Edited by e5frog

So... I'm almost done with all old orders.

I have updated the first post in this thread but here's what's left to do:

21 Joe S. labels

23 Brad D. program and solder eprom, clean cart shell and labeling

25 Scott S. (Pac-Man cart done) labels

26 Rick M. (+Pac-Man) clean cart shell and labels

27 Heath clean cart shell and labels

28 Kimmo (+Pac-Man) everything

Ready to be shipped:

post-10242-0-72010200-1303163602_thumb.jpg

Update

21 Joe S. Ships tomorrow

23 Brad D. Circuit board done

25 Scott S. (Pac-Man cart done) Ships tomorrow

26 Rick M. (+Pac-Man) Multi-cart done, Pac-Man circuit board done

27 Heath Ships tomorrow

28 Kimmo (+Pac-Man) everything

29 Matt everything

• 1 month later...

Update:

Have begun to contact print shops to get a price on boxes for the Multi-Cart, having no luck so far, either they don't have thick enough paper, are extremely expensive or they can't give me any answer at all. :-(

I have restocked some ICs needed so I'm back to building again later this week.

I'm considering offering to add a startup picture (with a motif of the buyer's choice) for an additional fee, is anyone interested in that?

Basically any customization is possible, but a custom startup melody would be quite easy to add instead of the current Beethoven tune.

But I'd appreciate any thoughts on it.

Hello again.

This time I need pre-paid pre-orders for Fairchild System Multi-Carts made from new PCB:s.

Price $125, shipping included. (updated 14th April 2011)

Answer here or send a message.

Previously I have offered the Pac-Man cartridge as you can see here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/137442-pac-man-for-fairchild-channel-f-make-a-pre-order-here/page__fromsearch__1

I'll make a box and instruction booklet for this as well if I get enough sold, but for now it will ship cart only, I'll design and buy boxes and booklets as I sell enough of the carts to pay for these things. I managed to get box and instructions for Pac-Man after only 15-20 sold carts. Box and instructions will be shipped to all buyers as soon as they're done.

The Multi-Cart will contain all known games and variations (also both Democarts and homebrews) for the Fairchild System, even Pac-Man but the intermission music and animations will not fit in the Multi-Cart. Games can be chosen via a menu that you reach by resetting the system.

Previously I have offered four personal choices, quickstart options - your four favorite games start immediately if you hold key 1, 2, 3 or 4 and press and release reset.

I will keep supporting this option, I might also offer a name of your choice to be displayed on screen depending on the interest.

These new Multi-Carts will be numbered starting with #2 for the first pre-payment and so on. #1 is going to be sold at a special occasion.

Any questions are welcome, and also your money at PayPal.com, my address there is e5frog@gmail.com I'll also answer mail to that address.

Thanks for looking!

Non-paid pre-orders (interested list):

coyo5050

dalder

Disco Scottie

Pre-Paid orders:

1 Auction winner: Stonan

2 toymailman

3 Other forum: P.P.O.T.

4 Other forum: Carlsson

5 jeffgamer

6 darthkur

7 Other forum: Freiztan

8 Other forum: GreatGuy

9 Bill_Loguidice

10 horseboy

11 hafrazee

12 retrogmr

13 Other forum: furor

14 jasoncslaughter

15 masschamber

16 lgallair

17 Jan-Erik

18 JayBad

19 RPJr

20 jmonzon

21 Joe S.

22 Judith C.

24 Laurent D.

25 Scott S. (also Pac-Man cart)

27 Heath

----------------- all above have been shipped

23 Brad D. (mounted in shell, labels left to do)

26 Rick M. (+Pac-Man) (Multi-Cart done, circuit board of Pac-Man done)

28 Kimmo (+Pac-Man)

29 Matt

30 Lance

31 Luke

32 Atsushi

I'll take one if they are still available :-)

-GrizzLee

Late to the party, but I'm on board, hopefully. Never knew this cart existed till today (I'll be honest, I don't surf AA that often - but probably should). ;)

(on the list as #34 - Yeah!!!)

Edited by ozyr

• 4 weeks later...