IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

• 2 weeks later...

PCB:s are populated for the last two current orders, all carts up to and including #60 are finished and ready to be shipped.

I ordered a package of good sized jiffy bags a few days ago, that's why I wrote that the first three carts in the queue would be shipped within 10 days (which is supposed to be the delivery time). Haven't received these yet so I have nothing to ship them in.

Got seven Multi-Carts stacked here on the desk ready to ship as soon as I get hold of proper shipping material.

• 1 month later...

So, five carts left in this batch. Just want to remind everyone that I'll take a break before the next batch, haven't decided yet for how long but at least a few months.

Got the second testprint back from the printer and everything looks good, will order the full amount as soon as I get some money back from these last five carts.

Boxes will be shipped with normal shipping free of charge, if anyone wants to have it sent registered you'll have to pay for the extra shipping cost. I'll start sending out e-mails as soon as they are ready to ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Received my cart today - nothing short of awesome! Who knew this console could play gems like Pac Man and Tetris? Very nice addition to the 14 carts or so I've picked up since I 1st got a console. Some the games on this cart, I've never seen on ebay or elsewhere. This is definitely a must have for the Channel F. Thanks for the awesome cart!

I finished my 3D-models of the cartridge shells, uploaded them to Shapeways for viewing. I think they are pretty accurate even if some manufacturing specific details (that doesn't show on the outside) aren't there (but I'll probably add them just because I noticed it).

Don't have the cirka $110 to make prinouts right now, I'm trying to locate a cheaper manufacturer that has good enough quality, Perhaps they also have 3D-printers in China and not just injection molding. ;-)

My first goal is to have one made in black, hopefully it will be possible to offer newly made shells to future Multi-Cart buyers. Boxes come first though - as soon as the last cart in the batch is sold...

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=videocart

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As I got my tax return a few days ago I decided I'd order the boxes, so it's done, it's paid and I'm waiting for delivery which should be in less than two weeks.

I need to cut the boxes out and glue them before shipping, starting with the first ones and then in serial number order, over 70 of them... Everyone will have theirs sometime before the end of this year... hopefully earlier. ;-)

So, still one cart left, I'll try and put it on eBay soon if I don't get any interest here.

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Found a nice box, it was 5mm, too short to fit the game box... :-( next size way to big and would require a lot of filler which is what I had hoped I wouldn't have to use.

So I'm currently looking for a filler, 21 x 104 x 140 mm, so the box can be sent in a jiffybag without getting mashed. We all know to well those game boxes with concave lids... that should have ben stuffed inside to prevent this mashing.

Well cardboard could work, but I need about seven sheets, cutting 700 of these by hand is not my idea of fun. ;-)

I'll see if I can order something from somewhere, thick well cardboard as single piece would have been handy. A block of styrofoam would have been nice and light option.

Any ideas are welcome.

I cut a few boxes yesterday, takes 8 minutes per box, only about nine hours of constant cutting... I'm calculating half an hour a day maybe so three weeks is not impossible, but I'll ship as I finish them, no reason to have all of them ready at once.

I'll also try and make an easy clamp for quicker glueing, it's easy to mess it up and get glue where it's not supposed to be. If double sided tape would hold it I imagine that would have been handy.

So, I hope to have the 70+ boxes shipped before the end of the year, I started working on an instruction set, plan is loose cart sized papers in a cartridge looking wrap with a label sized hole, something in play card thickness with laminated plastic so you can swap cards in the holder/wrap and it'll look like the cartridge with the short instructions from the instruction label.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Packing detail solved, finally, first ten boxes are cut out, assembled and packed. Will start shipping within 2-3 weeks and eventually to all buyers.

Work on the instruction sheets continues, won't be able to print any until I have sold a few more cartridges so I'll try and get a new batch together within the next two months. There's a lot of work to be done in the touch up department anyway until the instruction sheets are ready to be printed.

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 2