IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

Hey guys...

I've got nine carts built and ready to ship, box will be cut and assembled in about half an hour per cart as soon as I have time - so I was wondering: would you like me to ship them out as soon as possible or should I wait until after the holidays when there's less other mail going around? Perhaps it's not a concern?

I may ship one or two carts tomorrow.

Hey guys...

I've got nine carts built and ready to ship, box will be cut and assembled in about half an hour per cart as soon as I have time - so I was wondering: would you like me to ship them out as soon as possible or should I wait until after the holidays when there's less other mail going around? Perhaps it's not a concern?

I may ship one or two carts tomorrow.

Either way is fine with me. Enjoy your holiday!

File system crash on the computer, whole family of five sick, haven't gotten to the boxes yet, I hope this week will end better than it started. ;-)

Only two left for direct sale here, this batch was a real quicky.

Take your time on delivery, I hope you and your Family feel better and have a great Holiday season! Best to you and thanks for putting this together for us collectors and players. Wolfy62

• 3 weeks later...

File system crash on the computer, whole family of five sick, haven't gotten to the boxes yet, I hope this week will end better than it started. ;-)

Only two left for direct sale here, this batch was a real quicky.

Did you sell the last one on Ebay just now? I missed the auction but I am interested in getting one of these.

No, I believe the first post in this thread is still accurate, two carts left.

The two on eBay lately are slightly older version that doesn't have all the current software, one of them doesn't even have the last version of Pac-Man I think...

I've had some hard times here so nothing shipped yet, will try and ship some carts this week.

Still two left and one I'm considering selling on eBay.

No, I believe the first post in this thread is still accurate, two carts left.

The two on eBay lately are slightly older version that doesn't have all the current software, one of them doesn't even have the last version of Pac-Man I think...

I've had some hard times here so nothing shipped yet, will try and ship some carts this week.

Still two left and one I'm considering selling on eBay.

Thanks for the info. I will be sending the Paypal money shortly.

I have two Fairchilds. One is an original and the other is a model II. I really prefer gaming on the original due to the nostalgia factor (I got a Fairchild from my uncle in '80) and also because I think it looks a lot better. But, there is a loose connection somewhere because I can only get it to turn on intermittently after disassembling it. It worked fine when I got it from Ebay years back but I didn't know then that you have to let it warm up for a few days before using it. I was playing Alien Invasion and it died -- "popped a chip". I was hoping that it would be a matter of just snapping a chip back in but, of course, that wasn't the case. Pressing on all of them caused some of them to click due to looseness. While the clicking was reduced after I rubbed them and pressed them, the system died several times just from being moved a little bit. It's nice that it does power on and does work, but until the loose connection is identified and repaired it's not usable.

Perhaps there's a problem with the on/off button or the wires that connect the power between power connector and motherboard.

Could also be something is loose and grounds a voltage (+5V, -5V, 12V). Foam around speaker is usually a sticky powder by now, one of the braids soldered between board and metal cover may have come loose and pointing somewhere. Edges of board are usually taped for some reason - and it doesn't stick any more. Could be a broken solder joint somewhere...

I suggest you do the chore of disassemling it again, if you desolder the braids from the motehrboard you can lift the entire board out and run it on a non conductive surface, then try pressing here and there and see if there's a sensitive area.

Update on batch 14:

Blade broke on my cutting machine, will need to source new blade, machine or cut all boxes completely by hand (ouch). I have started cutting but it may take a little longer than expected.

I would love mine to show up pretty!

I am not sure how one shows up when cut by hand but the ouch you put in this comment sounds painful to us both!

Obviously and most importantly, be careful and take your time. Thanks, Dale

Don't think I have ever shipped anythink that wasn't pretty. ;-)

It will look the same, cutting cardboard with scissors gets to be hand torture after a few boxes and it takes a little longer. ;-)

Usually I cut the long straight cuts with the roller cutter and then the little detail work with scissors, takes maybe 20-30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My cart just arrived today! Worked perfectly; Pac-Man on the ChF is amazing!

So, let's see, now that I have a multi-cart for the oldest video game system, the next ones to look for are multi or flash carts for the Atari 2600, Mgnavox Odyssey 2, and Bally Astrocade. Hrm. Anyone know where I can find an Astrocade multicart?

• Like 1

My cart just arrived today! Worked perfectly; Pac-Man on the ChF is amazing!

So, let's see, now that I have a multi-cart for the oldest video game system, the next ones to look for are multi or flash carts for the Atari 2600, Mgnavox Odyssey 2, and Bally Astrocade. Hrm. Anyone know where I can find an Astrocade multicart?

Ken Lil, 'kenzre' on here and ebay, might be able to make you an UltiMulti Astrocade Multicart. The most recently made version has all the recent homebrews on it. From personal experience I highly recommend it :)

Ken Lil, 'kenzre' on here and ebay, might be able to make you an UltiMulti Astrocade Multicart. The most recently made version has all the recent homebrews on it. From personal experience I highly recommend it :)

DItto this. Track down one of Ken Lil's carts; they are awesome! Also, my understanding was that the last run he did (I think it is at 2.0) would be the last run so best not to wait too long on trying to get one.