IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

• 1 month later...

Rob - I am in the same boat as you.

Mine has garbage output after a few seconds. I have attempted to fix mine, with some suggestions from e5frog, but no luck so far. I've been too busy lately to work on it, but I've not given up.

Are you handy enough to try and fix your unit? There doesn't seem to be any dedicated Channel F forums on the web, or on AA, but if you want to attempt to fix your own console, then maybe you can start a new thread in the Classic Gaming General area and we can all chime in with some pointers.

I still plan to get a multicart even if my unit isn't working yet. This will give me some incentive to get it working, or replaced.

• Like 2

That one was tricky, seems to be something other than the usual. I'd check the logic circuits next, they are still easy to find and buy. A complete set doesn't cost much.

Also don't know of any dedicated forum, there's a mailing list though. channel_f_and_videobrain@yahoogroups.com as well as channelf@freelists.org.

Unfortunately I'm very busy building U17 PLAnkton, PLA replacements for the Commodore 64 so I'm not ready for more Multi-Carts right now.

That one was tricky, seems to be something other than the usual. I'd check the logic circuits next, they are still easy to find and buy. A complete set doesn't cost much.

Also don't know of any dedicated forum, there's a mailing list though. channel_f_and_videobrain@yahoogroups.com as well as channelf@freelists.org.

So, there isn't really a repository for Channel F repair stories?

I couldn't remember what was wrong with mine, so I dug it out. It seems fine other than having no audio.

Shouldn't be too difficult to chase that down.

I wonder how hard it would be to pass the audio out through the RF. Probably not worth the effort.

Edited by BigO

There's here, here's some.

The sound circuit isn't very complicated, check speaker and wires to it. Chip could be broken.

In the 1.5 edition where they used the old casing but an updated board they sometimes used speaker and sometimes you also see the same as in the SABA VideoPlay 2 - a separate audio board to make if RF compatible.
I tried removing one once and install in a Luxor V.E.C. - but I couldn't make it work that time.

It seems to be a matter of injecting it into the RF signal after properly modulating it.
Maybe rebuild-kits could be made to add RF sound to the ones that doesn't have it. It's quite nice being able to adjust the sound on the TV.

IMG_7022.jpg IMG_7032.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Considering that my repair is probably fairly simple, I may get one of these this time around.

Trying to get multi-carts for all of my systems

Have:

• Vectrex
  • Odyssey 2
  • Nintendo DS

Need:

• Colecovision
  • Intellivision
  • Studio II
  • Channel F
  • NES
Edited by BigO

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting a paid pre-order for a batch of total 14 pcs, first six orders are used to pay for materials, final price for the other buyers are calculated upon the receiving of goods.
I need to get new box prints this time so I calculated the need for six pre-payments to cover all meterial costs.
I have this ladder of prices to award quick payments, feel free to get any number you want. ;-)
See first post for payment instructions, no reservations through e-mail or PM, payment counts as order.
Insured shipping is $18 extra.

104 $90

105 $97

106 $104

107 $111

108 $118

109 $125

First six sold, ordering parts...

Price for now is $140 with money paid back at delivery in case the final price turns out to be is less than $140 - should it turn out to be more you'll get it as a discount.
Price inlcudes wolrdwide shipping, registered shipping is an additional $18.