IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

I got a message that the last needed IC has gotten through customs handling, so it just needs to get here...

When doing "paperware" inventory I noticed that the last few box prints where misprints, they've got a white stripe over the middle of them and has been discarded. I would have asked for my money back but it was almost two years ago that they were printed and as far as I can see the company is no longer in business... so not much to do about it.
This means I'm short on boxes for the current batch and need to have some more printed.

At the moment I can cover most of the cost but it would help selling another cartridge.
So, I offer a $5 discount, will increase the discount $1 daily (if I remember) until I get one sold or until I manage to solve payment some other way.

EDIT:
Multi-Carts 157-160 shipped today.

Edited by e5frog

• 3 weeks later...

I might be interested in one of these in the future, however my understanding is we wouldn't be able to change the games on the cart? Just thinking with other homebrew games like the golf game, would be cool to add extras as they (very slowly) arrive - would have been really helpful for me to test too with my poor assembly knowledge.

• Like 1

I might be interested in one of these in the future, however my understanding is we wouldn't be able to change the games on the cart? Just thinking with other homebrew games like the golf game, would be cool to add extras as they (very slowly) arrive - would have been really helpful for me to test too with my poor assembly knowledge.

The current version uses flash/eprom so when it's stored it can only be changed with an eprom programmer, the chips are usually soldered so for an update to be made it needs to be desoldered reprogrammed and resoldered unless there's a socket installed.

I have thought about this for years, something using a memory card of some sort (like many other multi-carts), would be most handy to try out new software - it will of course be more expensive and developing isn't free so I guess that's why there hasn't been any progress.

The upside to using the current method is that it has no odd or programmable logic chips so it could be repaired by "anyone" should it break. That's what I like about it and that's why I haven't popped in a CPLD or other programmable logic chip - which would reduce price, size as well as soldering time.

I'm selling the service of reprogramming released Multi-Carts if anyone wants to upgrade, mentioned it on page 1.

The current version uses flash/eprom so when it's stored it can only be changed with an eprom programmer, the chips are usually soldered so for an update to be made it needs to be desoldered reprogrammed and resoldered unless there's a socket installed.

I have thought about this for years, something using a memory card of some sort (like many other multi-carts), would be most handy to try out new software - it will of course be more expensive and developing isn't free so I guess that's why there hasn't been any progress.

The upside to using the current method is that it has no odd or programmable logic chips so it could be repaired by "anyone" should it break. That's what I like about it and that's why I haven't popped in a CPLD or other programmable logic chip - which would reduce price, size as well as soldering time.

I'm selling the service of reprogramming released Multi-Carts if anyone wants to upgrade, mentioned it on page 1.

I'm pretty stupid so desoldering, eprom programming and resoldering is beyond me. I suppose its useful to know it can be sent back to you for reprogramming - and Sweden is closer to me than the states at least. It cuts the possibility of me using it as a test device for my own homebrew though.

I'd definitely buy one with an sd/usb slot to transfer files - but I'll have a think about the current model you have too. Would be nice to play tetris and the golf homebrew on a real console, but I have most of the base library myself already.

I have considered the option of making a docking cartridge and make smaller cartridges with just eproms in them. It would be cheaper to get new games but a memory card solution would be the best.

When done with the current orders and perhaps also trying to finish up Atari2600land's Killer Heads of Lettuce that I started poking around in I'll get to it but there's some details to work out and then there's the financial situation.

I have considered the option of making a docking cartridge and make smaller cartridges with just eproms in them. It would be cheaper to get new games but a memory card solution would be the best.

When done with the current orders and perhaps also trying to finish up Atari2600land's Killer Heads of Lettuce that I started poking around in I'll get to it but there's some details to work out and then there's the financial situation.

Thanks for even considering it! I would totally understand if it was impractical, but you'd definitely have a sale with me in any format which allows easy file transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a batch of System Fairchild cartridges I would like to buy here in Sweden, good price for a bunch of shell donors, too good to pass on... but I haven't got money set aside for it and it's in between salaries so...

One Multi-Cart SALE: $90

Grab the opportunity! Save $14.

19 minutes ago, e5frog said:

No takers. 

So what about $85?
Would be really nice to get it but I'm not going to borrow money just to get it. 
Maybe it and funds are available at the same time later on in the week (only 4 days to go). 

Was this the latest one with pacman etc?