IGNORED

Antarctic Adventure for CV: Fun!

jeremysart

I downloaded a CV emulator last night to check out what games I have been missing out on and I found one particular title I spent a LOT of time on:

(EDIT: Ant)arctic Adventure!

I liked the faux 3D style, the cute music, and the cute little chubby penguin! I also thought it was clevel that you have to jump over cracks, can catch flags and salmon jumping out of water holes, and those damn seals that pop up through the ice.

I found this game to be very entertaining, the only con is you get a game over if you run out of time just once :(

Can anyone recommend a better emulator? I am using a OLD build of VColeco.

(I have a sheer lack of CV games in my collection, and I can currently only use my ADAM to play the games I have :( )

Edited by jeremysart

What is a good MSX emulator? (I dont own one)

Again, BlueMSX. It plays both MSX software files and ColecoVision ROMs. :)

BlueMSX's user interface takes a bit of getting used to, with configuration options spread all over the place, but once you get used to it, you probably will not want to use anything else. And it also helps that the author of BlueMSX is a member of this board, namely dvik.

BlueMSX's user interface takes a bit of getting used to, with configuration options spread all over the place, but once you get used to it, you probably will not want to use anything else. And it also helps that the author of BlueMSX is a member of this board, namely dvik.

OH, I see. I didnt realize BlueMSX was the emulator, I thought you were recommending a similar game for the MSX, sorry about that. Thanks for the recommendation, im going to download it!

OH, I see. I didnt realize BlueMSX was the emulator, I thought you were recommending a similar game for the MSX, sorry about that. Thanks for the recommendation, im going to download it!

Well, if you're going to play MSX games on BlueMSX, may I suggest tracking down the MSX ROM of "Penguin Adventure", which is the official sequel to Antarctic Adventure? The sequel is better in practically every way, but was only released on MSX. :)

Yes, and for even more penguiny goodness, download Yume Penguin Monogatari for the NES! It's the story of the penguin from Antarctic Adventure trying to lose weight for the love of his fickle girlfriend. Diet drinks and time make you shed pounds, while the food thrown by enemies makes you GAIN it, changing your abilities. It's a lot of fun; definitely go out and find yourself a copy.

Yes, and for even more penguiny goodness, download Yume Penguin Monogatari for the NES! It's the story of the penguin from Antarctic Adventure trying to lose weight for the love of his fickle girlfriend. Diet drinks and time make you shed pounds, while the food thrown by enemies makes you GAIN it, changing your abilities. It's a lot of fun; definitely go out and find yourself a copy.

I got an idea for a new thread :D

Thanks for the suggestion too!