IGNORED

VOODOO ...Chuckies Adventure...

bongomeno

Its just a small game I have spent the past day making. Its an adventure game about Chucky.

The object of the game is to find the 4 rune symbols (yellow) and take them to the magic circle (light blue) before you turn completely into a toy doll! There are 2 bars at the left of the screen, 1 for health and 1 for the timer. There are 100 rooms to be explored in this game (10x10), but it wont be very easy as the cops are on your case and will be chasing you down (until you run out of health or the timer is up). There are 3 difficulty modes.

I need some people to playtest this before it is put on cart.

--------------------------------------------------

Ok, here are some updates!

Changes:

- New colors for chucky and the cops.

- There are now 4 runes to collect.

- There are 3 difficulty modes. Press select to change.

- In game sound.

There is not much more that I can add to this unless I can find a way to clean up my code as I only have 10 bytes left to work with.

I need people to playtest this asap and I would like to hear your opinions!

NOTE: ** This game was meant to be a fast paced challenging adventure that takes time, practice, and skill to win at it. If you are having trouble finding the runes, I would suggest creating a map with a pen and paper. **

--------------------------------------------------

NEW VERSION:

advent.bas.bin

advent.bas

Edited by bongomeno

Sounds like a cool game. Could use some sound and a little more variety though. 100 rooms seems like a bit too much especially since you are only looking for 3 runes. I just played a few rounds and never even found a rune. I Think the cops take away a little bit too much health for running into so many of them and there being so many rooms. Maybe if they shot at you instead. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
So, I was just wondering if anybody actually tried this. If so, what did you think?

These are my thoughts and they are going to sound negative, but there's not much I can do about that.

• I don't like creating maps with pen and paper. I'm here to have some fun. I'm not here to do homework.
    _
  • There aren't enough bonus items or other cool stuff. Just boring, empty rooms from what I saw.
    _
  • The characters aren't animated.

Looks like a very early version of a game before all of the stuff that will make it fun has been added.

no, I just vowed to never make a game over 4k.

If programmers back in the 80s could make AMAZING games with 4k i figure i can at least make a decent one...

I guess i could raise it to 8k and add animations music powerups and stuff tho.

No, I just vowed to never make a game over 4k. If programmers back in the 80s could make AMAZING games with 4k, I figure I can at least make a decent one... I guess I could raise it to 8k and add animations, music, powerups, and stuff tho.

By 1982, when I got my Atari 2600, a good number of games were already 8k. By 1989, it seemed like many Atari 2600 games were up to 16k.

If you want to keep it like cartridges from the 1980s, you can go up to 16k without wincing. And if you want to make a game that is similar to a Starpath Supercharger game from 1982, you could probably use 32k without shedding a tear.

And we're also kind of limited since we're using batari Basic. Pro Assembly programmers can do more tricks, squeeze the code down, and make the Atari 2600 stand on one foot and whistle a tune. To make up for the limitations of bB, and bloated code if you're like me, we can use more memory without feeling guilty.

No, I just vowed to never make a game over 4k. If programmers back in the 80s could make AMAZING games with 4k, I figure I can at least make a decent one... I guess I could raise it to 8k and add animations, music, powerups, and stuff tho.

By 1982, when I got my Atari 2600, a good number of games were already 8k. By 1989, it seemed like many Atari 2600 games were up to 16k.

If you want to keep it like cartridges from the 1980s, you can go up to 16k without wincing. And if you want to make a game that is similar to a Starpath Supercharger game from 1982, you could probably use 32k without shedding a tear.

And we're also kind of limited since we're using batari Basic. Pro Assembly programmers can do more tricks, squeeze the code down, and make the Atari 2600 stand on one foot and whistle a tune. To make up for the limitations of bB, and bloated code if you're like me, we can use more memory without feeling guilty.

Also I feel like we should use the tech to our advantage and push the 2600 to its hardware limit!!! I know I should really learn Assembly to do games but I have so many good ideas that just use Batari Basic, that it will take me a while.

-Disjaukifa

• 1 month later...

If programmers back in the 80s could make AMAZING games with 4k i figure i can at least make a decent one...

You could do a lot in 4K if you optimized your code.

You could do a lot in 4K if you optimized your code.

Thats for sure. lol

The main reason this game sucks (I admit this is like one of those games like Custers Revenge or Texas Chainsaw Massacre... everyone hates it because it is so sucky it it offensive) is because my goal was to make it BIG. The lack of multi-dim arrays made me have to come up with some cheezy sloppy method of creating all 100 rooms.

Iknow I have said this before, but I do plan on coming back to this project. I am just too tied up with school for one and an even bigger project that I have been working on in Qbasic: I am writing an interpreter for my own programming language known as PROSEED.