IGNORED

Ultra Racer PS/64 instructions

shadow460

I have several of these controllers, most are for the N64 but one is for the PS1. They look like a very long Atari paddle controller with a trigger underneath, and the PS1 controller has a little negCon thrown in as well.

The controllers are programmable. the N64 one is pretty well marked with what does what, but the PS1 one isn't. I think that A on the negCon is supposed to correspond with the square, but I do not know. I believe that someone has changed the configuration of my PS1 unit and I don't know how to reset it. Further, I know I personally have changed the configuration of one of my N64 units, but I've lost the instructions to know how to change it back.

Vintage Stock has the N64 unit in the box from time to time, but I don't know if they have instructions. I imagine programming is similar to the PS1 unit.

Anyone know how to program these things? All I get out of it is a red light and some beeps.

Wait a sec, II corresponds to square on the negCon, and A must be the circle. I may have it... but I still could use those instructions. I'm trying to run Felony 11-79 with the Ultra Racer. I ran a test race so far, and it works well.

• 4 weeks later...

I have several of these controllers, most are for the N64 but one is for the PS1. They look like a very long Atari paddle controller with a trigger underneath, and the PS1 controller has a little negCon thrown in as well.

The controllers are programmable. the N64 one is pretty well marked with what does what, but the PS1 one isn't. I think that A on the negCon is supposed to correspond with the square, but I do not know. I believe that someone has changed the configuration of my PS1 unit and I don't know how to reset it. Further, I know I personally have changed the configuration of one of my N64 units, but I've lost the instructions to know how to change it back.

Vintage Stock has the N64 unit in the box from time to time, but I don't know if they have instructions. I imagine programming is similar to the PS1 unit.

Anyone know how to program these things? All I get out of it is a red light and some beeps.

Wait a sec, II corresponds to square on the negCon, and A must be the circle. I may have it... but I still could use those instructions. I'm trying to run Felony 11-79 with the Ultra Racer. I ran a test race so far, and it works well.

found instructions here. not sure where this person got them from though.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66858

"Here's the instructions on how to relocate buttons:

1. To assign one button (i.e. "R") to perform another buttom function (i.e. "Z"): Press and hold the SET button for about 1 second to enter the "FUNCTION SETUP MODE", the FUNCTION SETUP LED will illuminate and two beeps will be heard.

2. Press the button (i.e. "R") you would like to reassign one time, the FUNCTION SETUP LED will blink once and a single beep will be heard.

3. Press the new, desired function (i.e. "Z") one tim, the NORMAL LED indicator will illuminate instead of the FUNCTION SETUP LED. Two beeps will be heard. The setting process is now complete.

The UltraRacer 64 will only return to its default setting when the buttons "A", "L", and "R" are pressed at the same time BEFORE you turn on the console's power. After about two seconds, the UltraRacer 64 will generate three beeps to acknowledge reset button configuration is set. To reset a particular button, first press the SET button, then press the relocated button twice and then press the SET button once more until the LED light goes off. THe button's original function is used as a default button for further relocation."