IGNORED

Boxed Atlantis II ended early?

holygrailvideogames.com

In my opinion.

you have to remember that irrespective of whether it's right or wrong, any sale sale including an auction is negotiable. If someone makes an offer... on a house for example... that the vendor is happy to walk away with at the end of the day... then they probably will. So if you see an item that you really want, chances are maybe 100 people have seen it too, or perhaps thousands of people... then i reckon it is in your best interest to ask if they want to 'sell it now'... because if you don't - someone will. so whether it's right or wrong, circumstances as they are - force you to at least put the question to the vendor.

Any market place item is open to a side deal/s - It's just the way things are.

What have I done???? :(

You have done nothing, every hobby has something that it bickers about. Our hobby it's side deals, in Comics it's pressing comics that is the big outcry. In fact pressing is way, way, way, way more of a fight than side deals are here.

But again, Ebay is an auction site. Doing side deals on an auction is wrong. Yes, it is like a flea market. A flea market with an auction. If I knew my local flea market was having an auction of Atari 2600 games, I would be extremely ticked if someone did a side deal before the auction at the flea market. You just don't screw up auctions And the argument that Ebay is screwed up anyways so why not? Is a bad example. That would be like being in a corrupt police department. Just because the other officers are corrupt does not mean you should be corrupt.

Edited by homerwannabee

It's quite simple:

* Main Entry: 1auc·tion

* Pronunciation: \ˈȯk-shən\

* Function: noun

* Etymology: Latin auction-, auctio, from augēre to increase

* Date: 1595

1 : a sale of property to the highest bidder

Side deals are for sissies :evil:

Cheers,

Marco

:lolblue: Along with collecting label variations, Marco?

You have done nothing, every hobby has something that it bickers about. Our hobby it's side deals, in Comics it's pressing comics that is the big outcry. In fact pressing is way, way, way, way more of a fight than side deals are here.

But again, Ebay is an auction site. Doing side deals on an auction is wrong. Yes, it is like a flea market. A flea market with an auction. If I knew my local flea market was having an auction of Atari 2600 games, I would be extremely ticked if someone did a side deal before the auction at the flea market. You just don't screw up auctions And the argument that Ebay is screwed up anyways so why not? Is a bad example. That would be like being in a corrupt police department. Just because the other officers are corrupt does not mean you should be corrupt.

I have to agree 100% with you Homer. And auctions ARE different from Flea markets. If a seller listed A2 for $10 BIN, then go right ahead and hit that BIN. You don't ahve a moral obligation to tell the seller that its worth $1k. THAT is the flea market analogy. And attacking a member here once your side deal has been thwarted is doubly wrong.

Edited by Dino

Besides the sticker which anyone could make and put on the box what other proof is there that this is Atlantis 2 ?

No proof. But the way it was handled all points to it being real. He did not make mention of it in the initial auction. He just acted out step for step what someone with no knowledge of Atlantis II would have done.

A scammer might have sold Atlantis 1s in side deal outside of ebay to the first 3-4 guys who emailed. Why sell on ebay when guys were offering to throw money at you outside of ebay?

Ok! I have told her how much the thing is worth and she was very happy about it. She said to me that she will relist it again soon! The potential buyer contacted me and was really PISSED. You can believe me that I wouldn´t have informed the seller if I had known who the buyer is. But at this point I have had fears that a reseller made the deal of his life........

I think that I handled morally correct! Your opinions???

I honestly can't understand why you would tell her it's worth x amount of dollars and take away a guys one chance at getting an incredible deal. If you sell something on E-Bay it is up to you to set the price and be happy if you get it. To be honest I think this sale is a sham, I do not believe it is an Atlantis II in the first place, but to screw over someone who MIGHT be getting a great deal is pretty crappy. I have never made much money and almost all the very few r8s and r9s that I have were acquired by getting an incredible deal. Anyway, you asked for opinions and thats mine.

I have to agree 100% with you Homer. And auctions ARE different from Flea markets. If a seller listed A2 for $10 BIN, then go right ahead and hit that BIN. You don't ahve a moral obligation to tell the seller that its worth $1k. THAT is the flea market analogy. And attacking a member here once your side deal has been thwarted is doubly wrong.

So... did I miss something? Who Attacked Who?

I still believe you must go for what you want in the case of ebay; or you will not get it.

How many people here have side deals sitting on their shelves, display pictures of them on threads of their collections or hell... even use them as avatars? It happens. It is a part of the Atari 2600 collecting world. One little ugly part. I STILL think that the good outweighs the bad. So I'm cool with things. And it is NOTHING like going against a corrupt police department. Those that bitch about side deals need to think about other things first: Multiple ebay accounts, multiple emails to disrupt deals, etc. At the end of the day, I feel pretty good about myself. I don't parade around trying to say I'm perfect, I just don't let it get to me as much as others do here.

:)

It's quite simple:

Cheers,

Marco

Nope... collecting PAL would be for sissies though! ;)

It's quite simple:

Cheers,

Marco

Actually its uite the opposite. NTSC-only collectors go weak at the knees just THINKING about collecting PAL :D

I honestly can't understand why you would tell her it's worth x amount of dollars and take away a guys one chance at getting an incredible deal.

1) Because you want to help a poor lady.

2) Because you're a whealthy person who likes to bid seriously.

3) Because you want to see some bidding action and love popcorn.

4) Because you want to share your Ultimate Knowledge of VCS Holy Graility with a rookie.

5) Because you're a frustrate who doesn't want to see other people happy.

BTW: I don't think it's a sham. A set up like this would be too original.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Cheers,

Marco

Actually its uite the opposite. NTSC-only collectors go weak at the knees just THINKING about collecting PAL :D

I think you area actually right on that. I hate to admit that, as it places me in that category. LOL