IGNORED

Boxed Chuck Wagon ended early

holygrailvideogames.com

Why do you think it ended early? Maybe E-Bay pulled it for some reason?

just your average side deal special. lol

Business as usual at E-bay.

I have just started emailing every single Atari auction that starts a $1000 offer to just to let them go to the end and they are still ending early. Its a lot of emails I know but its the only reason auctions do go to the end. Then I stiff them unless I win.

just your average side deal special. lol

Business as usual at E-bay.

I have just started emailing every single Atari auction that starts a $1000 offer to just to let them go to the end and they are still ending early. Its a lot of emails I know but its the only reason auctions do go to the end. Then I stiff them unless I win.

:lol:

told me he sold the box and manual seperately... didn't say how much for....

and is going to relist the cart....

He seems to know that it is rare and he had it in his "collection", so maybe he got the going price for it.

Some would argue that it is still not morally correct to do that.

LOL

What is the correct way to do a side deal? How about like this:

Excuse me ebay seller. Hi, I collect atari games. I notice since you are selling this lot of atari games, you are not a collector (otherwise you would keep your games and play them). I noticed that you have a BOXED Air Raid within this jumble of carts. Now, I'm hear to inform you that said box is worth, well, perhaps a ga-jillion dollars. Give or take a few thousand. You will recieve a ton of emails from a lot of potential side dealing scum. I want you to ignore them though, and A. either let the auction go as planned... or B. Let me buy the games from you directly.

Potential seller whom no longer likes Atari carts (you probably have an NES don't you?!)... I'm here to tell you that regardless of said box value, you will NEVER get that said value. Why? Yes, our economy will hurt your sell. I'm sorry to point out the obvious, but it will hurt your sell more so than you will believe. So, before Jimmy from Seatlle contacts you to tell you that his grandma's last dying wish was to hold an Air Raid box to her fruit roll-up look-alike chest, after she smothers mayo all over her liverspotted body... let me make you an offer... as I'd really hate for you to send it to someone out of pity.

Look at the sorry lot that you are going to sell me. You see that paint smeared Asteroids cart? And ET? Really? You are including a fabled ET within this lot? I feel reall really special right now. Let's talk about the uber rare pacman cart that comes with the original box that you wrote on when you were 7 and then later attached all of your 80s puffy stickers and scratch and sniff stickers. I know that is a very priceless game for you, but it is not of 'epic' value to me. Neither are the joysticks that you are selling without the rubber handles. Really? what is with that? Did you eat them when you were playing ET or Defender?

So, to summarize things, I do want to buy all of this from you to save you the million emails of "Hey! That cart is worth a lot, or that box is worth such and such..." But something has to be done about all of this other stuff. How about we meet in the middle onthis and I simply toss you $100 for the entire thing (Don't forget to shoot me that Sears Pic of Superman I see, and also that Chucks the chasewagon thingy. I'm not sure what that sword is that has Swordquest engraved on it and has sparkly jewels, but if you want, I'll add an extra $5 to the paypal to cover the shipping on that as well. I don't know what the hell those things are, but I'll take them off of your hands for you).

So... I'll go ahead and shoot the payment to you. Please make sure you insure the package and send me multiple forms of tracking.

Sound good?

Mr. Reseller.

(sometimes I have way too much time on my hands)

Edited by EricDeLee