IGNORED

Announcement of the Atari Jaguar Europe Festival 2009

Starcat

Did anyone see the Lynx game with the Iron Soldier connection?

Well Daniel brought his Laptop and showed some pictures. So there was no game yet and I do not know how far it is. What I saw was a concept drawing of an Iron Soldier but it had a more anime style looking. Unfortunatley this was right at the time of me leaving so I could not follow Daniels presentation. I just saw this mech-drawing and four screenshots of an fantastic looking Jump n run with rayman style graphics which Eclipse wanted to do back in the day but atari declined because they wanted 3D graphics so Iron Soldier was born. I really love Iron Soldier but those screenshots looked fantastic. I only can imagine what an action jump n run by eclipse coul have been like...

Hello there,

infos about our lynx game will follow shortly. We wont answer any questions until we are satisfied with preproduction results which is in progress so please be patient, we are busy :)

regarding some people who like to bash me...

we do what we can to bring our 5 cents to the atari culture but we do have some standards, if we feel that we cannot deliver a certain quality in a certain timeframe we will not proceed with ...lets say Jag games. I offered Jagware a collaboration (or vice-versa) but I will focus on our lynx game for now and then we will see.

We are making real progress here and we rather work than debate, not to keep the scene out but to ensure our focus is on the production.

enough said.

greetings

daniel

Hello there,

infos about our lynx game will follow shortly. We wont answer any questions until we are satisfied with preproduction results which is in progress so please be patient, we are busy :)

regarding some people who like to bash me...

we do what we can to bring our 5 cents to the atari culture but we do have some standards, if we feel that we cannot deliver a certain quality in a certain timeframe we will not proceed with ...lets say Jag games. I offered Jagware a collaboration (or vice-versa) but I will focus on our lynx game for now and then we will see.

We are making real progress here and we rather work than debate, not to keep the scene out but to ensure our focus is on the production.

enough said.

greetings

daniel

If you were focused on production we'd have at least a screen shot of something by now after three years.

If you are lacking programmers, there are at least two good ones that are European based who are relatively new. CrazyAce annd SubQMod.

JagChris, if you are referring to Daniel's Lynx project, I can assure you it looks great.

Just because he may not want to show screenshots yet on the net, it doesn't mean that there is no progress.

He actually presented some screenshots on €-JagFest this week. :)

Edited by Starcat

Hello there,

Hi Daniel and welcome to AA.

I'm a big Lynx fan, and I look forward to hearing/seeing more on your intriguing project! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Smeg

JagChris, if you are referring to Daniel's Lynx project, I can assure you it looks great.

He actually presented some screenshots on €-JagFest this week. :)

Thats great maybe he will come through with something on this one.

My point is he was jumping around the Jag community and announced two different projects with a bit of fanfare and then poof.

Hi,

the Jag plans are not over but to produce a top notch jag game it takes a serious amount of planning and work which does slow you down if you have only time at evenings and weekends. I will definetely show a few jag works but in our timeframe. It is simply not ok for me to present half-baked things...its my pride as a developer and we have a tradition of quality that we stick to. The next thing for us is the Lynx game and we will inform atari forums on a regular basis and its not far away. I believe that people will appreciate our results very much. Our Team is very motivated.

Stay tuned and with a little patience you will see a real good support for the small Lynx game catalouge.

Daniel

Hi,

my Jag delays annoy nobody more than me ! But I have my developer pride forbidding me to release anything half-baked. The Jag and Lynx deserve more games showing professional production value. Its the ONLY thing drawing attention from other retro scenes and truly helping the Atari scene. Eyeryone persuing homebrew on Jag and Lynx knows how much work it is to develop something impressive. My Jag plans are not over but delayed for real reasons I cannot reveal yet but is for the better for everyone.

Sorry to Jagware for these delays, I know they could pull something off but I can only do one project now next to whats happening in my day-job.

But...the Lynx game is not far away and we will share all infos with forums when we feel save enough to make a public announcements. ..a little patience and you are in for a nice surprise.

Stay tuned

Daniel

PS: Its not gonna be the Iron Soldier game on Lynx...its based on the brand.

I fully understand what it means to create games for the Jag and I know how tough it is to create it in a professional quality. I mean, come on... Many of the official Jag games even though being commercial, were not very professional. I think we all know those games. :(

Really professional quality games is something you hardly ever find in the homebrew scene, so even if it takes longer, it will be worth the waiting. And I believe dan is right, that only professional homebrew games can really make the Jag stand out from other retro systems.

At first Jag fans were happy to get releases at all. Anything at all. But let's be honest, people are sick of half-baked homebrew games that are neither original, nor professional, sometimes not even fun. What's the point in creating a game that isn't fun? Sure, not everybody has the skill to create professional games, but time shouldn't be a matter. This is also why I can't see why everybody is always so pushing about releases. What's the point of another rushed 16-bit port or clone? The Jag has those and they suck.

The Jag is hardly the only system people play, right? Otherwise I would be really surprised. Most people here have other systems to play with as well.

So why the hurry then? There are plenty of games out there you can play until the really good ones are coming to the Jaguar. I understand that people look forward to games, but just be patient and it will come to you.

Now what do I mean by professional? I mean well designed games, I mean graphics that are designed by an artist for use on the Jaguar. Dan and I had a talk about that on ejagfest and I think he is really right about it. I am also talking about original games, new ideas, creativity. To make things short, I am talking about all the aspects that make a game on the Jag into something great. A game that doesn't look or feel like homebrew, even though it is, but a game that could have been a highly rated commercial game 14 years ago maybe, when the Jag was still around. That's what I consider professional games.

I am sure Daniel can do it. It just takes time and motivation. Give him both and I think the Jag will get something really cool. :)

The Lynx Screenshots looked impressive. :)

Edited by Starcat

Seems that you had a great show :thumbsup:

Hum... This is only 50 kilometers from Essen[...]

I guess that the year the events will occur on same week-end, I will have to go to both :)

@Fadest: Would be cool to see you there. :)

Hum, seems like the International Spiel Tag in Essen will be on October 21 to 24.

If the next Atari Jaguar Europe Festival still helds near Essen, and on the same week-end, I will try to attend to both (there is usually too much people on saturday in Spiele Messe) :D

Edited by Fadest

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that you had a great show :thumbsup:

Hum... This is only 50 kilometers from Essen[...]

I guess that the year the events will occur on same week-end, I will have to go to both :)

@Fadest: Would be cool to see you there. :)

Hum, seems like the International Spiel Tag in Essen will be on October 21 to 24.

If the next Atari Jaguar Europe Festival still helds near Essen, and on the same week-end, I will try to attend to both (there is usually too much people on saturday in Spiele Messe) :D

@all: Yeah, that was a really great e-jagfest! Glad you guys had fun, too. :)

@Fadest: I'll keep that in mind, but there are still some other things to follow. We will see. :)

• 8 months later...

man sounds incredible. There needs to be a jaguar convention in the states!

Aren't they all at CGE in vegas as I type?? :ponder:

Hope I can make this years event in Germany, we always have a great time. Our favourite game is always ordering drinks from the ageless barmaid & seeing how many we get!! :lol: That & my (almost) annual coming 2nd at Lynx checkered flag!! :roll:

• Like 1

man sounds incredible. There needs to be a jaguar convention in the states!

Aren't they all at CGE in vegas as I type?? :ponder:

Hope I can make this years event in Germany, we always have a great time. Our favourite game is always ordering drinks from the ageless barmaid & seeing how many we get!! :lol: That & my (almost) annual coming 2nd at Lynx checkered flag!! :roll:

Would be great to have you guys again at the show. Last ejagfest was one of the best shows ever.

You and your bar-games ^^. I think the barkeeper is looking every time forward specially to you guys, because he can sell lots of german-beer and typical german-food (Schnitzel anyone?) to you. :D