IGNORED

Harmony to be released at Portland Retrogaming Expo

batari

Oh now come on icon_frown.gif It may as well be 10,000 miles away. At least it's only extra wait time for me. You lucky people going there better buy one of these.

AX

Agreed but the wait time will be worth it....or maybe even two?

To be fair, in the first hour of the show, I'll limit them to one per person. That means no buying one for you and one more for your girlfriend in Canada, at least until those actually coming to the show have a chance to get one.

As for the full production run, go ahead and buy two or three, or five. I believe we will make enough for everyone. If not, we'll make more.

Edited by batari
  • Like 1

You first lucky bastards need to share the unboxing. I'll gladly give up a rep point for the first person to post a review here at AA and urge others to join in a rep point bounty! :)

I hope there will be a few YouTube videos too.

Looks like that they have fun in the hotel room........ :D

You beat me to it! I was just going to post this:

Batari and I are assembling the Harmony carts in my hotel room right now!!

That's the most imaginative euphemism I've ever heard! :D

• Like 1

Batari and I are assembling the Harmony carts in my hotel room right now!! Here's the first labeled and tested cart!

post-3-125340219482_thumb.jpg

Get to batari's booth early because these will surely go fast!!!

..Al

That looks awesome :lust: . I hope they sell well!!! I also hope there are a few extras that can be grabbed maybe afterwards as well :evil:

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

So who bought one today? Anyone want to share pictures or videos? :)

I'm curious as well, I'm still hoping that there will be 4 or 5 left so that I might get buy one tonight or tomorrow :cool:. Even if there isn't, I can wait for the pre-order list, I have money in my account ready just for the Harmony.

I thought about getting an EPROM Programmer, Socketed 2k/4k PCB board and 2732 EPROMs but it was cheaper and easier to just wait for the Harmony.

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

I thought about getting an EPROM Programmer, Socketed 2k/4k PCB board and 2732 EPROMs but it was cheaper and easier to just wait for the Harmony.

And you wouldn't be able to play as many games as the Harmony can, as there aren't PCBs for many of the more obscure bank switching schemes readily available for purchase ;)

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

And you wouldn't be able to play as many games as the Harmony can, as there aren't PCBs for many of the more obscure bank switching schemes readily available for purchase ;)

Yeah I know that, it was more for make my own Cartridge for Homebrew games I am working on, I thought it would be fun to make the cartridges myself but yeah the Harmony is turning out to be alot cheaper and way easier!!!

I can't wait for the Harmony!!! I working on a game now, and testing it on Stella is nice, but I am a true believer that testing in an emulator is not the same as the real hardware. I know what my game does in stella, but it doesn't feel like I am playing an Atari 2600 game.

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

What an amazing product. Batari has really outdone himself on this one. I intend to be able to play the harmony cart for a period of time today with Lord Thag. I bought one and I am very, very, happy that I did.

Batari creates such wonderful products, I am truly impressed. He has supported our shows for many years and I hope that he does well with this product. I feel honored that he chose our show to do it. To all who still play on thier 2600, or want to create 2600 games, this is a must have.

What an amazing product. Batari has really outdone himself on this one. I intend to be able to play the harmony cart for a period of time today with Lord Thag. I bought one and I am very, very, happy that I did.

Batari creates such wonderful products, I am truly impressed. He has supported our shows for many years and I hope that he does well with this product. I feel honored that he chose our show to do it. To all who still play on thier 2600, or want to create 2600 games, this is a must have.

Thanks for the quick review!!! I'm glad to hear you are happy with it!!! Can you give a pictures of the cartridge all the way around?

-Disjaukifa

I've asked this before on this thread but never got an answer. If you load multiple games on a Harmony cart and then put the cart into a modded FlashBack 2 that can take cartridges, will you be able to select the games on the menu? I know the FlashBack 2 has issues with playing certain games (like Cosmic Ark) but that's not what I'm asking.

I currently have a Krokodile Kart and it works fine but its drawback is that if I load multiple games on it, the FlashBack 2 does not properly function with the menu listing those games. As a result, I can only load one game on the Krok and play it. Will a FlashBack 2 see the list of multiple ROMS and allow the player to select games on the Harmony cart (unlike the Krok)?

I've asked this before on this thread but never got an answer. If you load multiple games on a Harmony cart and then put the cart into a modded FlashBack 2 that can take cartridges, will you be able to select the games on the menu? I know the FlashBack 2 has issues with playing certain games (like Cosmic Ark) but that's not what I'm asking.

I currently have a Krokodile Kart and it works fine but its drawback is that if I load multiple games on it, the FlashBack 2 does not properly function with the menu listing those games. As a result, I can only load one game on the Krok and play it. Will a FlashBack 2 see the list of multiple ROMS and allow the player to select games on the Harmony cart (unlike the Krok)?

I tried it, and the FB2 does not work with the menu. The menu uses a Superchip-like bankswitching scheme, and Superchip carts do not work on the FB2. The Kroko cart uses a 3F-style menu but the FB2 doesn't work with 3F either.

Note that the menu issues are not a weakness of the Kroko cart or the Harmony but of the FB2. Trying to make the Harmony menu work on it would probably be futile. I recommend getting a video-modded 2600.

I recommend getting a video-modded 2600.

Or a new Atari 2600 clone with all new parts and modern hookups that I hope somebody will make within the next year or two. ;)

It seems to me with all of those supposed 2600-on-a-chip projects we kept hearing about a few years back, someone might have actually completed one by now.

Batari and I are assembling the Harmony carts in my hotel room right now!! Here's the first labeled and tested cart!

post-3-125340219482_thumb.jpg

Get to batari's booth early because these will surely go fast!!!

..Al

Hey

I bought a copy of Harmony cartridge at the portland retro

I am trying right now, but no matter what I do, it keeps stock on this blue and red Yin-Yang thing

can I somehow get some instruction?

what kind of format should I format this memory card? Does that matter? I am on a MAC

Does it have a limitation on card size?

thanks,

Kyle