IGNORED

Favorite 2600 Adventure / RPG Type Game?

GideonsDad

65 members have voted

1. 1. Fav Adventure / RPG game for 2600?

• Adventure
    • Dark Chambers
    • Secret Quest
    • E.T.
    • Swordquest Series
    • Dragonstomper
    • Sword of Saros
    • Other? (I am leaving A LOT out, I am sure)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The first game that came to mind when I saw the subject was "Dragonstomper." As far as adventure/RPG games went, that was the most technically remarkable game that I could remember from that era.

But, then, just a few moments later, I thought... "Is it really my favourite from that genre?" No, it's not. "Adventure" holds a much bigger place in my heart, and I have much more enjoyable memories of playing "Adventure" than I do of playing "Dragonstomper."

Plus, it was a long time after I got "Adventure" that I found out about the transmolecular dot and the secret room, which gave me a whole new reason to play it. That added even more adventure to, well, "Adventure."

• Like 1

As far as hacks go, I'd say the Haunted Adventure Trilogy is pretty damn good.

I voted "other" because Haunted Adventure Trilogy is my fav. It combines elements of both Adventure and Haunted House, and jacks up the difficulty level and sense of adventure. It does require a sizable time commitment (at least in my experience), so probably not suited for casual players of the genre.

It may not really be considered an RPG but, I think Venture would be my favorite in this genre. As for adventure only, I'll have to agree with pis. Pitfall II is just indescribeble. It's almost perfect. It's too bad that Super Pitfall didn't have similar graphics and just been called Pitfall III.

• 2 months later...

Raiders of the Lost Ark

I finally beat this game Raiders of the Lost Ark today...but no score?? Wierd. anyone know why that is??

Yeah, how close you are to the Ark is your score, so I guess counting the number of diamond shapes is a way to put a numerical value to it.

You have to find the easter eggs and find the ark a certain way to get the 'max' score.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

I finally beat this game Raiders of the Lost Ark today...but no score?? Wierd. anyone know why that is??

Yeah, how close you are to the Ark is your score, so I guess counting the number of diamond shapes is a way to put a numerical value to it.

You have to find the easter eggs and find the ark a certain way to get the 'max' score.

thanks for the reply. That is interesting. Got to give it originality points for being creating with the scoring system as well.