IGNORED

Atomic Meltdown <-- my new homebrew game

disjaukifa

I thought that the 32 setting caused inconsistencies in the scanline count, but I could be wrong. Looking at the latest bin, it does have this problem, but I can't say for sure that it is caused by the pfres setting. I do know that 30 is safe and works well.

I think you are right about that. My game was in the red when I had the pfres set to 32. When I switched it to 30 it was fine.

I thought that the 32 setting caused inconsistencies in the scanline count, but I could be wrong. Looking at the latest bin, it does have this problem, but I can't say for sure that it is caused by the pfres setting. I do know that 30 is safe and works well.

I think you are right about that. My game was in the red when I had the pfres set to 32. When I switched it to 30 it was fine.

Yeah it made a world of improvement, however in trying to make things more efficient in my code, I have broken some other stuff that I am now trying to fix!!! I'll get around to an update, just having to fix stuff at the moment!!!

-Disjaukifa

I was moving things around trying to save cycles and then I remembered what MausGames said. I then changed the pfres to 30 and that did the trick.

The 30 helped but I was stilling doing to many goto calls in different banks . . . so in fixing that I have broken other stuff . . . its just taking a while to get it all straightened out.

-Disjaukifa

Hey Guys,

I hope to have an update post this weekend. I had to shift most of the code around to get the cycles under control (hahah at one point it was at like 1000 in the red meaning about 3000 cycles!!!).

Nothing has been added or tuned, I have been bug fixing for the last week. Kind of tiring really, fix one big and I broke something else . . . banks can be . . . annoying. I hope to have all the bugs out of the code sometime this weekend and have a .bin for ya'll to mess around with and play with.

Also getting my Jaguar in was slowed my development down a little bit :roll:

Thanks guys

-Disjaukifa

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

I put this project on hold and I'm picking it back up. I hope to post an update tonight sometime. I need to add sounds and hope to keep them simple, I was thinking of like a warning siren on the title screen and not quiet sure about the play area.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

Disjaukifa

I just tried out the latest demo and no, it is not one of those games that is easier with a joystick. D-pads are where it's at in those cases.

So far, it's great, havn't played the two-player mode yet, and so far, it's easier than Miss It!, despite the erratic cursor.

Welcome back! Looking forward to the update.

Hey AccousticGuitar!!!

Yeah I got transferred to another team at work and several other small things happened and the next thing I knew it was April. I'm currently working on fixing the remaining bugs and incorporating sound, once I get a good build I release a new version, hopefully that will be this weekend sometime.

-Disjaukifa

Fun idea. Would be nice to see this expanded upon. Some bugs I notice:

- Start game, run into wall immediately (doesn't matter what wall), sometimes you will go back to title screen, sometimes explosion shows

It gave me inspiration for a new game idea.

Yeah that is the only major bug left, it happens in 1 player, 2 player and 2 player coop, once I figure that out, the game will be like 98% done.

-Disjaukifa

Well I have great news, I have fixed the ending glitch on 1 Player Mode and I am currently working on correcting the issue 2 player modes, once I have I think I will have fixed all the glitches. I will post a new binary tonight!

-Disjaukifa

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HAHAHAH

Finally, I think I have worked out the bugs on the game endings and some other issues as well, took me a while to figure out but it has since been fixed and a few other things have been changed as well.

Now whenever a game is completed, you just press the fire button and I do a soft reboot of the code, it fixed a major bug in the system. I need to work on sounds which I will start tomorrow and I actually need to see if the winner screen works because to be honest I haven't tested it :D.

Download it and try it out and let me know what you think!!!!

Thanks

Disjaukifa

atomic_meltdown.bas.bin

Edited by disjaukifa

I have now experienced this on a TV...emulating it, of course, but it's still awesome. LCD screens run the fun

I'm in the process of box and cartridge art now when I should be repairing PCs, if you don't mind. icon_biggrin.gif

I Welcome it, I will be the first to tell you that I have no artist skills whatsoever. Its one of the reason I love programming for the 2600, everything is so simple that even my art looks good :D

-Disjaukifa

Exactly.

I have now experienced this on a TV...emulating it, of course, but it's still awesome. LCD screens run the fun

I'm in the process of box and cartridge art now when I should be repairing PCs, if you don't mind. icon_biggrin.gif

I Welcome it, I will be the first to tell you that I have no artist skills whatsoever. Its one of the reason I love programming for the 2600, everything is so simple that even my art looks good :D

-Disjaukifa

Exactly.

-Disjaukifa

I didn't get to work at all on my game last night because my power cord for my laptop stopped working and I ran out of power! I should be getting my new power adapter Monday or Tuesday, so more than likely no updates till then :(

-Disjaukifa

• 2 months later...
  • 10 years later...

We'll be checking out Atomic Meltdown on tomorrow's (Tue Aug 11) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew