IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Week 6: No Escape!

Ze_ro

If you stay near the pillar it's harder for their rocks to hit you. What I did was throw a rock ahead of them then lure them toward the falling tile. You can break the 2 tiles near the pillar then just shoot upward, luring them to the falling tile without ruining the score for the end, since it scores per leftover tile.

p1000955c.jpg

EDIT holycrapbigimage

Edited by CebusCapucinis

If you stay near the pillar it's harder for their rocks to hit you. What I did was throw a rock ahead of them then lure them toward the falling tile. You can break the 2 tiles near the pillar then just shoot upward, luring them to the falling tile without ruining the score for the end, since it scores per leftover tile.

p1000955c.jpg

EDIT holycrapbigimage

Thanks for the advice I am going to have to try that later tonight!!!

-Disjaukifa

Using my previous tip the only things that can actually hit you are the sideways 'no-dodge' rocks. Their downward ones don't go far enough to be next to the pillars. So stand next to the pillar, lure them out, but keep your eyes on the bottom one. As soon as the bottom one throws a sideways rock MOVE! It will fly sideways to where you are at the time of the throw, not where you are. If you pull out right at the throw, you will not get hit, leaving you to run back to the pillar to continue the trick.

As soon as the bottom one throws a sideways rock MOVE! It will fly sideways to where you are at the time of the throw, not where you are. If you pull out right at the throw, you will not get hit, leaving you to run back to the pillar to continue the trick.

This is what I meant by rhythm in my previous post. Their rocks are dropped at a set interval. Just get the rhythm of moving toward them and throwing your rock, then running away when it is their turn to throw a rock. So the result is you moving back and forth to the rhythm of their rock throws. Easier said than done...

As soon as the bottom one throws a sideways rock MOVE! It will fly sideways to where you are at the time of the throw, not where you are. If you pull out right at the throw, you will not get hit, leaving you to run back to the pillar to continue the trick.

This is what I meant by rhythm in my previous post. Their rocks are dropped at a set interval. Just get the rhythm of moving toward them and throwing your rock, then running away when it is their turn to throw a rock. So the result is you moving back and forth to the rhythm of their rock throws. Easier said than done...

Yeah no kidding, I have been trying to do that and now I just now die faster . . . .

-Disjaukifa

Using my previous tip the only things that can actually hit you are the sideways 'no-dodge' rocks. Their downward ones don't go far enough to be next to the pillars. So stand next to the pillar, lure them out, but keep your eyes on the bottom one. As soon as the bottom one throws a sideways rock MOVE! It will fly sideways to where you are at the time of the throw, not where you are. If you pull out right at the throw, you will not get hit, leaving you to run back to the pillar to continue the trick.

This will get you hit by head and neck level rocks repeatedly. A similar strategy is possible, but you have to stay away from the pillars as much as possible.

I cannot really explain how to do it--it's just done by feel and timing.

Small??? I'm pretty sure that is the top score . . . I might be wrong though. Congratulations though!!!!

-Disjaukifa

Shadow460 has top score currently.

I am trying to put some of the 5th ghosts's ideas in practice. His score the last time this was played was 1 million. My next goal is 14,000. Aside from raising the bar here over and over, I would like to roll the creatures back to the minotaurs. I've already got to the point where it uses the same palettes. I've seen all white Medusas. I know Zoyx is one stage behind me right now, so I have work to do! :)

I'm scoring 5500 on a regular basis now and getting to the off white Medusas. I am usually getting down to only one or two of those left. I usually have 7 or 8 lives after the white Centuars, and at least four lives after the next round. Earlier today I did good to pass the first round of swamp creatures. It is fun only for about half an hour or so, though, and then I just can't take any more.

For the record, I am only participating in games that I can play on my Heavy Sixer. That means either I have to own the game or it has to be less than 4K in size to load into my Supercharger. So if something like Sprintmaster comes up, I will be sitting out.

EDIT: If it's not too late, might I suggest a challenge? Let's see if anyone can get far enough so that the game starts re using the same sprites, and they see the Furies from the very first stage show up again.

Edited by shadow460

Yeah, I figured that one out the hard way last time I played. If you stick the the pillar at the 2nd centaur level and above you'll get hit by the sideways rocks with absolutely nowhere to go, and since the rocks are timed perfectly with your life regain you just get nailed until game over.

Standing in the center seems too dangerous, though -- perhaps staying 25%/75% screen position?

It's kinda like you fade to the side at first, throw rocks, and then reverse at just the right time. If you do it right, you can knock out half the Furies before you get to the pillar. Then you reverse and the fight begins. You can never take your eyes off of that bottom row. If you can play defensively, you can throw stones until either the roof gives way or the rest of the Furies do.

Oh, challenge #2, if I may: Correctly identify all the creatures seen by this week's players. Give their names and what form of mythology that names comes from. For example, the white horse is Pegasus, and I believe the name is Greek.

For the record, I am only participating in games that I can play on my Heavy Sixer. That means either I have to own the game or it has to be less than 4K in size to load into my Supercharger. So if something like Sprintmaster comes up, I will be sitting out.

You should sign up for the pre-order of the Harmony then you can participate in all the challenges :D.

I am still trying to get to the Medusa's but I think that its going to have to wait till tomorrow before I try again . . .

-Disjaukifa

I could use emulation, but to me the challenge is more than a score. It's also about having the cart and the materials in hand.

I could also use a Cuttle Cart 2, but I don't have one and even if I did, that runs on a 7800, not a 2600. :)

I used to have a pretty good size collection with manuals and the occasional goodie here and there. I've replaced a lot of it, but I'm still spoiled for having just about any game I wanted to play. The games that I play on a Supercharger are primarily ones I had back then but don't have today.

Ah, well, let's all cast some more stones, shall we? :)

I had EIGHT lives when I reached the 2nd set of Centaurs

I had TWO when I finished them off

That hint about how the more shots you fire the better they can hone in on your position is rubbish.

I fired TWO SHOTS just to test it and they nailed me FOUR STRAIGHT TIMES without me even having a chance.

A couple more days to figure it out I guess. Or sell the cart. :D

Oh, challenge #2, if I may: Correctly identify all the creatures seen by this week's players. Give their names and what form of mythology that names comes from. For example, the white horse is Pegasus, and I believe the name is Greek.

You are Jason, post Golden Fleece-fleecing.

Levels 1 and 2 are Cyclops.

Levels 3 & 4 are either Rocs or Harpies. I am siding with Rocs for the time being, as the heads don't look human.

Levels 5 & 6 are Centaur.

Levels 7 & 8 are Stygian witches or Graeae.

When the game ends you ride Pegasus to the top of the screen.

That's the furthest I've ever gotten so far! All the names are from Greek mythology. I am assuming that after the Stygian witches are the Gorgons.

I thought 3 and 4 were Gryphons or however it's spelled

Ooh! I didn't think of that. 3/4 are either Rocs or Gryphons. They're definitely not Haripes.

EDITx2: 6194

Oh so close to that top score! Just a little MORE!

p1000959p.jpg

Edited by CebusCapucinis