IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Week 6: No Escape!

Ze_ro

That makes a bit more sense. I got 100% accuracy on the first two waves quite a few times and couldn't figure out why the score wasn't bumping up by 99. 100% accuracy on the first two waves is pretty easy to get, so it would make sense that they wouldn't give you the bonus for anything that easy.

I hear ya about the frustration. I don't think I'll be picking up this game again for four years. Matter of fact, I can think of some scathing reviews that need posted and this is one of them.

I played some today, though.

Oh, and I did figure out the 99 point bonus thing. It doesn't apply until after you've gone through several stages. I think it gives you 99 points per brick for the last few bricks provided you didn't use up too many. So if it's giving you 99 points for the last ten bricks, you'll get 396 points for them. You need six of them to kill the six Furies, and you could possibly get bonus points for the other four.

Scored this about 5PM this afternoon. I'm done with this game. Done, totally and completely, probably won't play it again for a while.

The 4th wave of witches is all white, and they do not throw rocks at you. They do move in the advanced pattern, however. This is an excellent stage to put that accuracy to use. It's also a good time to go grab a beer or something.

The next wave is Gorgons, with the pink over blue coloring, and they return to the advanced direct thrown stones. They really are no tougher than the third wave of witches. I got through the third Gorgon wave in under ten seconds, losing one life in the process. I didn't make it through the fourth.

Edited by shadow460

Hi folks!

Sorry I missed this till now.

shadow460...that 7 million+ score on Twin Galaxies is mine. ;) (no offense taken)

The only reason I played the game long enough to achieve that score is because I was monitoring the habits of the game itself. At around 3.5 million, the furies changed their movement, which threw me off. Eventually, they return to their normal pattern. Also, the scoring reverts back to how the scoring is in the beginning of the game. So, I wanted to see if the same thing would happen after scoring another 3.5 million points. Sure enough, it did. At that point, I just stopped playing, and let the game end.

Believe it or not, but that score really didn't take too long, because the bonus points rack up quickly, and once I hit my pattern, the boards get cleared VERY quickly.

Once you play long enough, you'll realize the pattern of the stones they throw, which makes avoiding them simple. And by that time, you'll know when and where to throw your stones to wipe them out fast and efficiently.

I've noticed that when I have the timing right, the waves last five to ten seconds tops. I've wiped out entire waves before they've had the chance to reach either side of the screen and turn around--we're talking three seconds or so per wave.

You can even give up a single life in the process, especially if the switch is set to B.

Seems like the stones are usually thrown one to the left and one either dropped straight or maybe a bit to the right, then one directly at you. This is assuming that, like me, you stay closer to the left side than the right. Also it seems like that pattern resets, and it seems that if you're constantly switching sides you'll never have a stone thrown directly at you. As long as the stones are thrown opposite directions, they just kinda stop. It's the second stone that's thrown in that direction that's thrown right at you.

In that case, you take one step towards the pillar and you're cool as long as you keep moving.

To wipe them out fast, I generally move just left of center, wait for the formation to be moving to the right, then just start chucking stones as I mentioned in an earlier post. If I can keep them lined up, I can wipe the entire formation out usually losing one life in the process. If I don't want to lose a life, I switch strategies after I've killed two or three Furies. AS long as I have eight lives, though, who cares if I lose one? I'll get it right back in that screen or the next one depending on where the switch is set.

Hi folks!

Sorry I missed this till now.

shadow460...that 7 million+ score on Twin Galaxies is mine. ;) (no offense taken)

The only reason I played the game long enough to achieve that score is because I was monitoring the habits of the game itself. At around 3.5 million, the furies changed their movement, which threw me off. Eventually, they return to their normal pattern. Also, the scoring reverts back to how the scoring is in the beginning of the game. So, I wanted to see if the same thing would happen after scoring another 3.5 million points. Sure enough, it did. At that point, I just stopped playing, and let the game end.

Believe it or not, but that score really didn't take too long, because the bonus points rack up quickly, and once I hit my pattern, the boards get cleared VERY quickly.

Once you play long enough, you'll realize the pattern of the stones they throw, which makes avoiding them simple. And by that time, you'll know when and where to throw your stones to wipe them out fast and efficiently.