IGNORED

Harmony cart preorder list

batari

EDIT: Harmony is available to order. http://harmony.atariage.com/order.html

Old message is below:

If you wish to preorder a production Harmony cart (expected release later this year) please send me an email to {removed} with subject "Harmony pre-order list." The subject is important as these emails are filtered into a special folder. In your email, please tell me which edition(s) you want and how many.

The standard edition will run $49.99. At this price, you get the cart and an instruction sheet to get you started. You supply your own SD card, USB cable for BIOS updates/development, and can download the software/pdf manual.

The deluxe edition will run $74.99. It will include a printed manual, a USB to mini-B programming cable, an SD card (we're not sure of the size yet) which will come formatted and preloaded with some homebrews that we hope you will eventually buy from the store. The SD will also contain the programming software and a pdf manual.

Alternatively, a printed manual, SD card and USB cable may be sold separately in the store for those who wish to order a standard edition but don't need all of the extras that come with the deluxe edition.

In a few days or so, you will receive an acknowledgment that your email was received. This is just a list, and no payment will be taken until the carts are ready to go. The purpose of this list is to give us an idea of how many carts to produce on the first run and to allow you to get the carts before they officially appear in the store. When the carts are ready, you will be contacted with information on how to order. We expect them to be ready in a couple of months.

We are not planning on selling out of Harmony carts anytime soon, so it is not necessary to preorder a cart in order to ensure you get one. The preorder list will only ensure you get one sooner. We will produce more than enough to fill all preorders and many more will be produced so they may be sold as a regular item in the store.

Edited by batari
  • Like 9

We expect them to be ready in a couple of months.

We are not planning on selling out of Harmony carts anytime soon, so it is not necessary to preorder a cart in order to ensure you get one. The preorder list will only ensure you get one sooner. We will produce more than enough to fill all preorders and many more will be produced so they may be sold as a regular item in the store.

Hey Batari,

As this is related, will the Melody be ready for homebrew games to be sold on around the time the Production Harmony comes out? Just wondering what the time frame on the Melody was, haven't heard much.

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa

We expect them to be ready in a couple of months.

Hey Batari,

As this is related, will the Melody be ready for homebrew games to be sold on around the time the Production Harmony comes out? Just wondering what the time frame on the Melody was, haven't heard much.

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Melody will be ready before the Harmony.
  • Like 1

So what are the differences between Melody and Harmony? I've not been following this as closely as I need to I guess... might be interested even though I've got a CC2. Just for using on 2600s.

Melody is a stripped down version of Harmony which Albert is going to use to sell Homebrew games. The Melody is for homebrews that were developed on the Harmony. The Melody allows from a 2K game to a 32K game including the use of I think its called Sara chip (which the Melody/Harmony emulates) which gives the Atari 2600 another 128 bytes of ram.

Really it allows people do develop homebrew games so that they no longer require hard to find chips and custom PCBs for the cartridges.

-Disjaukifa

Edited by disjaukifa