IGNORED

Harmony cart preorder list

batari

I have to admit I am curious as well? Please tell me accousticguitar you are planning on releasing Miss It!

-Disjaukifa

Possibly.

YESSSSS. I really hope you do, again great homebrew, clever idea, thats simple and fun, what more could you ask for!!! Its what the Atari 2600 was designed for!!!! Hahaha games are still coming out for a console thats what 32 years old!!!! Its fantastic!

-Disjaukifa

Hahaha games are still coming out for a console thats what 32 years old!!!! Its fantastic!

That is way cool. I don't see any signs of it slowing down either. I bet 20 years from now people will still be making new games for the Atari 2600. There were about 400 games sold commercially back in the day, with about 100 more prototypes that didn't make it to market. I don't know how many homebrews there are, but I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being more homebrews than original carts and prototypes. Go 2600! :)

Hahaha games are still coming out for a console thats what 32 years old!!!! Its fantastic!

That is way cool. I don't see any signs of it slowing down either. I bet 20 years from now people will still be making new games for the Atari 2600. There were about 400 games sold commercially back in the day, with about 100 more prototypes that didn't make it to market. I don't know how many homebrews there are, but I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being more homebrews than original carts and prototypes. Go 2600! :)

I think part of it is the challenge of it. On the game I'm working on, Atomic Meltdown, I had a compiling error that was bugging me for about 20 minutes till I realized I used up all 4k in bank 2 and I had to shuffle code around to get it to compile. I then 3 hours later (about 11) had to shuffle a whole bunch of code around so that I have enough space to implement my other two player mode. The challenge is more of can I make this game and get it to fit on this cartridge instead of can I program it.

But I think that is the other reason, its just so simple to make a game for it compared to any other system. You don't have to know advance AI, 3D graphics, 7.1 surround sounds, you just have the Atari, a 1.2mhz CPU with 128 bytes of ram, 256 bytes if you use SC options, and your imagination!!! I love it. I have always been able to program but I have never enjoyed it once till I started messing around with Batari Basic!!!

I think thats why the homebrew scene for the 2600 will never die. Honestly it might be in Atari's interest to just release new 2600 with slight case design updates!!!!

Sorry to jump of topic guys!

-Disjaukifa

If you wish to preorder a production Harmony cart (expected release later this year) please send me an email to c9r@hotmail.com with subject "Harmony pre-order list." The subject is important as these emails are filtered into a special folder. In your email, please tell me which edition(s) you want and how many.

The standard edition will run $49.99. At this price, you get the cart and an instruction sheet to get you started. You supply your own SD card, USB cable for BIOS updates/development, and can download the software/pdf manual.

The deluxe edition will run $74.99. It will include a printed manual, a USB to mini-B programming cable, an SD card (we're not sure of the size yet) which will come formatted and preloaded with some homebrews that we hope you will eventually buy from the store. The SD will also contain the programming software and a pdf manual.

Alternatively, a printed manual, SD card and USB cable may be sold separately in the store for those who wish to order a standard edition but don't need all of the extras that come with the deluxe edition.

In a few days or so, you will receive an acknowledgment that your email was received. This is just a list, and no payment will be taken until the carts are ready to go. The purpose of this list is to give us an idea of how many carts to produce on the first run and to allow you to get the carts before they officially appear in the store. When the carts are ready, you will be contacted with information on how to order. We expect them to be ready in a couple of months.

We are not planning on selling out of Harmony carts anytime soon, so it is not necessary to preorder a cart in order to ensure you get one. The preorder list will only ensure you get one sooner. We will produce more than enough to fill all preorders and many more will be produced so they may be sold as a regular item in the store.

Let me add mine....email sent ! standard

Looking foward to it, :thumbsup:

The Old Guy ;)

Oh HELLS yeah!

Consider my pre-order sent. Now I can finally use Synthcart!Like I said in the other Harmony thread, Synthcart and Harmony Cart... Made for each other.

I assume you'll let us know via e-mail when it's time to start throwing our money around, batari. Also, I hope you'll be able to keep the supply running long enough for everyone to get a cart. Let's not let this go the way of the Cuttle or the Kroko, please.

For the people who already got their filthy paws on a Harmony, any hang-ups in compatibility yet?

Edited by chupathingy

I went through a ton of ROMs and no issues. I'm running a '80 6 switcher, with a video mod. Seeing some of the better home brew projects on the real deal has been great, and is making me collect the goodies to build a better mod.

Glad to hear it. I bought on the Pre-Production ones that for sale after the Expo and I can't wait to get it. I'm glad to hear its working well!!! I'm working on homebrew's myself and I can't wait to test them on real hardware!!!!

-Disjaukifa

This is going to be awesome. :cool:

Yes it is. The amazing thing about the Harmony is I will be able to play EVERY game ever made for the 2600 . . . but I still plan on collecting all the cartridges I can!!! Also I can not WAIT to start testing my homebrew on a real Atari . . . Stella is great but its just not the same!

-Disjaukifa