IGNORED

Harmony cart preorder list

batari

By the way whats the difference between the production and preproduction harmoney carts?

External differences are the preproduction carts have a preproduction label, and we will refine the method of cutting the shells for the SD card slot/USB plug opening.

Internal differences are a change to the daughterboard to better fit in the shell, and a change that might support MMC cards as well as SD cards (untested, but in theory it should work... :? )

There were also a few slight electrical changes to the main board. These do not affect compatibility, as preproduction boards retain full forward compatibility with production boards. That said, we requested production samples to test this change, and we will have several. Note that this run of production samples will be available sooner than the full production, so if anyone gets an email before Thanksgiving, you will have the opportunity to buy a production sample or wait for a production board. The production samples are 100% electrically and functionally identical to the production run, the only difference being the silkscreen (printing) on the bottom of the board.

• Like 1

Don't worry, as the PCB/assembly order has been placed and it is in progress. My current estimate is 4 weeks until carts begin to ship.

This is good news as this is my only Christmas present this year. I'm glad to hear it. :)

BTW I sent a pre-order email. Should I be getting a confirmation or just assume I'm on the list? Kinda confused by the other responses in the thread.

Please put me down for STANDARD EDITION, I have sent you an email about this, according to the instructions. I have not received, however, any kind of reply or confirmation.

Is this normal? Am I still on the list? Where IS the list, so we can all check it out? I guess I am just too impatient.. but I fixed my paypal account, so that now I am all ready to go, just have to know how much, what account to pay into and some confirmation that you are going to send it to me and I'm set for waiting for that little treasure..

This is going to be something really great.. can hardly wait!

- Monk

Edited by Monk

This thread IS the list. :)

Oh.. I thought it'd be some kind of more handy list of names, a -confirmation- list of whether you are accepted in the list or not, or if your requests are even acknowledged in any way whatsoever.. (like, this thread being more like a 'request-list' and not a 'confirmation-list')

I mean, that kind of assurance would lift many people's spirits, I am sure. To have a confirmation that you are actually on the list, and that all the details for payment and eventually the Harmony Cartridge itself will be sent to you - well, that just makes it a lot easier to just sit and wait.. (also seeing your position on the list would make longer waits more understandable, etc.)

An exciting product like this is surely going to make many people jump up and down out of sheer joy! I know I'm gonna be one of those people..

- Monk

This thread IS the list. :)

I sure hope not. I followed the instructions in batari's first post, which didn't include replying on this thread.

Monk, don't sweat the lack of confirmation thing too much. The first set of confirmations sent out were greatly delayed - I get the feeling its a manual or only semi-automatic process for batari.

If you're in the mail inbox with the right subject line, you should have your spot in line.

But I totally understand your anxiousness. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas too! :D

Sent e-mail for Standard Edition. Excited.

I do wonder if the period is supposed to be part of the subject line.

I worried about that too. I sent my mail the same day this thread appeared, with the period at the end of the subject line. When batari sent out the first batch of confirmations, I got mine.

But I suspect he's not relying on the period being there.

Sent e-mail for Standard Edition. Excited.

I do wonder if the period is supposed to be part of the subject line.

I worried about that too. I sent my mail the same day this thread appeared, with the period at the end of the subject line. When batari sent out the first batch of confirmations, I got mine.

But I suspect he's not relying on the period being there.

So you used a period and got a confirmation. I didn't use a period and didn't (yet) receive a confirmation. Perhaps there is a connection here? Agh! I will send it again WITH a period, just to make sure ( I actually contemplated on this before sending the first confirmation post, but then I thought it'd be silly to use a period in the end, and that he couldn't have meant that.. but perhaps he did!)

If I get a confirmation, I could come here and inform you all, just so you know there period is supposed to be there or something.. (-8

- Monk

I suspect there might not be a second confirmation batch, since batari and co. were just using the first batch of confirmations to judge their production quantities. Also, batari said he'd make extra so there should be plenty for all. batari, could you confirm or correct that?

Also, is it looking like a ship-in-time-for-Christmas scenario is still likely?

Hi to you folks at AtariAge, :love:

I've been trying to contact your member Batari with the following link c9r@hotmail.com and subject "Harmony pre-order list."

3 emails has been sent, but still no reply. So I'll have to try ordering through this preorder list then.

I would like to order 3 of the Deluxe Edition Harmony Carts please. Awaiting your information regarding payment proceedures

and delivery estimates. Thank you!

Regards from Allst-half

Hi to you folks at AtariAge, :love:

I've been trying to contact your member Batari with the following link c9r@hotmail.com and subject "Harmony pre-order list."

3 emails has been sent, but still no reply. So I'll have to try ordering through this preorder list then.

I would like to order 3 of the Deluxe Edition Harmony Carts please. Awaiting your information regarding payment proceedures

and delivery estimates. Thank you!

Regards from Allst-half

I predict you'll be getting an email from batari in 3-4 weeks. ;)