IGNORED

have you ever hated a console?

Tr3vor

I was not a big fan of my Saturn, even though I got it for free. All Electronics Boutique got to go to E3 back in the day... oh so long ago... and we got free Saturns and I still didn't like it. Even for free.

CDi sucked horribly.

Action Max, if you can call it a "system" sucked.

My favorites in order:

Atari 2600

Xbox 360

Sega Genesis

SNES

Dreamcast

I've never hated a console that I've owned...the closest I've come to hate was when trying to get a RPG to work with my NES toaster and having the incessant blinking kill the battery save. icon_mad.gif

like dragon warrior? thats exactically the problem i had... untill i changed my 72-pin connector. icon_smile.gif

I love anything related to videogames, good or bad. I'm just so intrigued by the whole hobby. Never came close to hating a system. Sure a lot of my systems are neglected as I'm sadly more of a collector than a gamer these days. :( But still, ALL systems have games worth having for them. Just some more than others.

Hate is a pretty strong word to describe a system because I think you can find games to like on just

about anything, but over all, out of the systems I've owned, I seriously dislike:

Odyssey 2 (terrible controllers and extremely primitive looking/playing games)

XBox (it's a Micro$oft product, ugly as sin and I can't stand modern games)

N64 (only because of the 3D rage where you're tiny, but the world around you was HUGE)

Sega Master System (only hate the control pads really)

Atari Lynx (when games scroll, the LCD is so blurry that you can't follow a damn thing)

Game.com (yeah, I guess I do hate that thing)

Atari 5200 (for it's controllers and the fact it's nothing more than an Atari 8-bit)

Plug and Play C64 TV joystick (absolutely terrible selection of games)

Any of those stupid Nintendo or otherwise LCD game and watch things - yuck!

Original GameBoy (it's B/W for pete's sake! And blurry)

Sega CD (cool concept, horribly executed - talkin' about FMV games especially)

R-Zone (for obvious reasons)

Neo Geo Pocket (where's the games?!?)

Sony PS2 (almost forgot that one and for the reasons chrisbid mentioned)

Wii (they need to perfect the lazy cursor control before I can take it seriously,

great concept though)

...biggest all time disappointment with a game system though was the Atari Jaguar. And with

overpriced games, limited quantities of great games such as Battlesphere (which should have

been made more common so as to be affordable) and overpriced late releases that previously

were "unreleased" (oh, I mentioned that already), the systems continues to disappoint ;-)

Edited by save2600

i hated the sony hype machine behind the PS2. when it was launched, it really was no better than the dreamcast, but if you listened to sony, the ps2 did everything including rescuing kittens from trees. i was a dreamcast fan, and the hype machine killed the dreamcast, so i was pretty bitter

the ps2 went on to have a great game library, but i still dont care for the system

I loved it when it came out and I played it to death but I loathe my Playstation it is buried under a ton of dust and Vic 20 tapes in the back of my closet I think the biggest issue was and is the load times they are ungodly long. When I got my Dreamcast the Playstation was duly kicked to ye olde curb with the rest of the slow moving flotsam.

I can't say I've ever "disliked" a system, but the one I've "liked least" is probably the original Game Boy. That spinachy color just wasn't appealing! The games were pretty good but the screen was so hard to see unless it was in the proper light. I like my games in color and was always frustrated that we were capable of doing full-color for 10 years + at the time but Nintendo wouldn't do a full-color display. The Game Boy Color, however, changed all that :D

Hey, I've never found one I hate yet... the one I dislike the most would be game.com however if you all don't want your systems, send them to me and I'll give them a good home :evil:

AX

Good God man, haven't you got enough? lol

i think ax needs more gamecube systems ;)

No, I think he needs to join "Hoarders Anonymous"

:D That would be accurate. I'm trying to get it down to one or two of everything now. If I've got a Kisok and a spare console for each video game console that should be enough :D

AX

"Hatred" is too strong a word for me to apply to an inanimate object, but if there was ever a console that was totally without sex appeal for me, it would have to be the ColecoVision. Most if its games were ports from arcades or from other systems, and the hardware was lousy.

If we were to expand the question to include classic computers, the winner would definitely be the Commodore 64. I was (and am) an ardent Atari 800 fan, and I got tired of seeing that butt-ugly boat anchor stealing all the glory.

• Like 1