IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Game Release

Rick Weis

Yes, the idea is to clear the screen of blocks whilst getting the highest possible score. Aimee has cleared level 4 once, with a score of 122,850. I have almost cleared level 4 with 2 blocks left (no score recorded, at my house we only reward excellence). Some day I will get there! Great, great game. "One more game..." "This time I can do it." :twisted:

children, snatch up this game while you can. It is a sure classic, I promise you this. If you even think you like puzzle games, this MUST be in your collection.

Do not wait, the price is right, the time is now.

This is an unpaid advertisement.

:spidey:

children, snatch up this game while you can. It is a sure classic, I promise you this. If you even think you like puzzle games, this MUST be in your collection.

Do not wait, the price is right, the time is now.

This is an unpaid advertisement.

:spidey:

I'm right there with you. This game is a lot of fun. I picked up my copy at the PRGE last month.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone post screenshots and a synopsis of game play?

Sure, the game's a puzzle game where you have a grid of coloured boxes that you need to remove from the screen in "chunks" of 2 or more of the same colour next to each other. When you delete a chunk the blocks above them fall down and you continue until you either delete all the blocks, or there aren't any more areas of 2+ blocks. The main goal is to chase your high scores and it has 4 levels of difficulty.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

chunkout2600title.pngchunkout2600gameplay.png

The game is styled after an early Atari release, and the graphic style, cart label and manual all reflect this.

Further details can be found over here:

http://chunkout.com/main_2600.html

thanks for the new orders guys! some shipped out yesterday and waiting on a few payments.

for those of you that did not get a chance to get a boxed version of chunkout2600, #1 is up on Ebay right now. (Please forgive me Mike) :D

Thanks for the support!

Rick

Edited by Rick Weis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I watched a Youtube video and thought this looks like the sort of puzzle game I enjoy, so I emailed the publisher and he still has a handful of copies left for $25 US plus shipping.

I ordered a copy yesterday and look forward to playing it!

Just some kudos for Chunkout....I played it at a local show recently and it is way fun and controlled very nice. Did not buy at the show as I made the mistake of taking my entire family and we had all already been spending like drunken congressmen. I will be ordering if there is any left on payday, just wanted to put in a word for Rick as well, heard nothing but good about him. Morgan

I watched a Youtube video and thought this looks like the sort of puzzle game I enjoy, so I emailed the publisher and he still has a handful of copies left for $25 US plus shipping.

I ordered a copy yesterday and look forward to playing it!

Thank you for your support! Please LMK when you get it.

Rick