IGNORED

NintendoAge

Brad2600

I recently tried to sign up at these forums but can't get past the verification image thing. I enter the correct letters and still get denied, in both Internet Exploder and Firefox.

Anyway, anyone else post there? What are your thoughts?

I had a similar thing happen years ago and never tried again. My problem was it kept saying my password was incorrect. Just one of those forums I was going to check out one day when I had nothing better to do then I couldn't get it to work so I said F- it! I actually think that same day I joined the Neo Geo forums.

Yeah. I thought that it Albert's project but perhaps someone else took over the reins? I remember that Al had started a NintendoAge site a few years back.

Regardless, if they don't fix that verification image thing, they won't get many new users.

I recently tried to sign up at these forums but can't get past the verification image thing. I enter the correct letters and still get denied, in both Internet Exploder and Firefox.

Anyway, anyone else post there? What are your thoughts?

I had a similar thing happen years ago and never tried again. My problem was it kept saying my password was incorrect. Just one of those forums I was going to check out one day when I had nothing better to do then I couldn't get it to work so I said F- it! I actually think that same day I joined the Neo Geo forums.

I did get signed up last night but took 4 attempts on the image verification deal and finally took the words I typed as correct

but it is a problem thet I have had on other sites using image stuff

I don't remember having much trouble signing up, but that was a long time ago and I probably just don't remember. I just remember being a little annoyed that somebody had already signed up using the name Nester and then never posted. If you're going to take a username you might as well use it!

I hadn't heard of any trouble with this, but I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

Yeah. I thought that it Albert's project but perhaps someone else took over the reins? I remember that Al had started a NintendoAge site a few years back.

To my knowledge, myself and a guy named Angelo have been the only owners of the site name since May, 2002. I purchased the domain during that time but failed to do anything with it, so Angelo snatched it up as it expired. A few years later in 2006, I bought it back from him. If Al owned it, it would've been before that time.

nintendoage is such a strange name, obviously its an homage to atariage, but that name came from an actual magazine of the day.

maybe they should rename it the nintendo fun club

Correct, it is/was an homage to AtariAge, one of the inspirations for the site originally. NintendoFunClub.com was already taken (and still is), and that, ironically, was one of my early ideas. I chose NintendoAge for one simple reason: I thought that people would come to AtariAge, love it, and say, "Hmm... I wonder if there's a similar site for Nintendo, maybe I should try NintendoAge.com?" It's not conspiratorial in nature, just an attempt to piggyback off this site's popularity to get the ball rolling.

I don't remember having much trouble signing up, but that was a long time ago and I probably just don't remember. I just remember being a little annoyed that somebody had already signed up using the name Nester and then never posted. If you're going to take a username you might as well use it!

I would be happy to remove that account for you since they haven't logged in for 3 years. Just send me an email to webmaster@nintendoage.com if you're serious about joining and I'll hook you up.

I just signed up and didn't have trouble getting past the verification image thing or loging in with the password they sent me.

Welcome to the site!

At any rate, we're not Nintendo Nazis at NA, so we welcome anyone who loves vintage gaming as much as we do. I've actually caught a bit of the Atari buy myself recently after purchasing a Harmony cart at the Portland Expo! :)

I would be happy to remove that account for you since they haven't logged in for 3 years. Just send me an email to webmaster@nintendoage.com if you're serious about joining and I'll hook you up.

I'm not too concerned because I just signed up under the name Howard instead. So I guess it's not that big of a deal.

I'm not too concerned because I just signed up under the name Howard instead. So I guess it's not that big of a deal.

If you change your mind, just let me know.