IGNORED

B & C ComputerVisions

coyo5050

OH SHIT! :x I just bought $200.00 worth of Jaguar stuff on Sept. 14th '09 and I haven't received squat yet! I hope Bruce/Cathy didn't die or stroke-out or something? :sad:

I have been waiting for my box but I will try to send an email tonight and see if I get a response - if I do I will post it. If anyone else hears anything let us know also.

The guy is like 60+ and after decades of Atari mail order fulfilling I think he's tired of it all. As many have reported their customer service has significantly wained in recent years with orders taking much longer, bad attitude on the phone, brief to the point emails, high shipping costs, etc.

He was very nice to me when I talked to him on the phone about 3-4 years ago though.

I hope I get my stuff, man!

Edited by ovalbugmann

The guy is like 60+ and after decades of Atari mail order fulfilling I think he's tired of it all. As many have reported their customer service has significantly wained in recent years with orders taking much longer, bad attitude on the phone, brief to the point emails, high shipping costs, etc.

He was very nice to me when I talked to him on the phone about 3-4 years ago though.

I hope I get my stuff, man!

I've purchased thousands of dollars in goods from Bruce and Cathy and have always been happy.

I was also screamed at on the phone once, which was weird since I was trying really really hard to give them some money, but everyone has a bad day. :-) That was a long time ago BTW, and more funny to me than anything.

Every time I've dealt with B&C since has been perfect as long as some patience and understanding is liberally applied.

Steve

Edited by classics

B&C...I agree with some of what AX said. I've emailed about a few things. I haven't been too happy with how they handle things. I had a quoted price of something be raised $200 on me. if you scroll down in the email I sent them, I was quoted one price. Then when I got a return email a few months later, I got quoted another price that was $200 higher. It made no sense to me. I haven't pursued that since then, as I need to have a little 'gut check' with him to make sure I get a decent price and not a 'bend over and take it price'

I never understood the "I have a lot of crap to go through. I bought all of these crates years ago from atari and I am still going through it all" concept. Frankly if I bought a lot of stuff from atari, I would be doing my best to see what everything is, inventory the hell out of it, and start selling. It shouldn't take THAT long to go through everything.

Hell... they could have a Lynx console prototype sitting there (like Rygar has) and don't even know it. lol

Bought several hundred $ worth of stuff from them in the last year. No problems, but sometimes it can take a while for them to ship. They also refunded the difference in postage costs if it costs them less to ship than they estimated which I think is very decent.

Send an e-mail and ask when they will ship, I'm sure you will get what you ordered

I never understood the "I have a lot of crap to go through. I bought all of these crates years ago from atari and I am still going through it all" concept. Frankly if I bought a lot of stuff from atari, I would be doing my best to see what everything is, inventory the hell out of it, and start selling. lol

Well, I heard from Bruce earlier regarding why my order is taking so long and as I have bolded in Eric's statement above - that's exactly what he told me is the delay. :( I ordered a Jaguar Diagnostic cartridge to be used in conjuction with a special Atari Diagnostic CD and he said he can't find the cartridge:

Cathy is waiting for me to find the Jaguar Diagnostic carts.

I have looked a couple times and I have not been able to find the box they are in.

So, I'll have to wait until he finds it or ask for a refund. He's got a whole box of them in one of his wherehouses apparently -idk? :|

Bummer, I really wanted this cart/cd combo too, I guess I'll have to wait it out.

They should hire some college kid, I'm sure you could find a nerdy guy like us who would love to go through all that stuff and have him/her organize catalog it all. Wouldnt cost them much and make their lives a lot easier. It would pay for itself tenfold I'm sure!

I emailed Saturday and have yet to get a response back...now its wed and I ordered almost $200 worth of stuff from them. That's not chump change and I paid them immediately after getting the price and sent an email letting them know I paid. I understand being busy but 2 weeks......no emails.....

EricDeLee,

Did you email or call and how long did it take for him to respond?

I sold some stuff to Bruce a few months back. He couldn't have been nicer. We emailed back and forth for a bit.

I never have bought from them but several years back my wife bought me some items and called them. She told me that when she called they were in bed sleeping and asked that she call back later. I thought it was kind of funny that they would answer the phone when in bed. They have been around for a long time. I wouldn't worry about getting your stuff. You will either get the items or your money back. They aren't scammers.

They tend to be reliable but slow. I don't know if B&C is a full time gig for them or what their deal is, but anyone still vending Atari stuff after 30 years is a little off kilter. That is universal. The three I can think of (all reliable but a little weird) are Best (Brad), B&C, and Bravo Sierra. Hey, this is a hobby full of weird ones, me included.

I like dealing with Brad over at Best. He's a bit more expensive on some stuff but his stuff is always in pristine condition and he's super prompt on shipping. I've e-mailed him at all hours of the night and be suprised to get a quick response. He doesn't mess around. Very professional.

tjb

Well Payment was sent 9/13. I sent a couple emails asking about the status a week ago and no reply. I tried calling today and no answer, no answering machine either. This is not cool. I leave to go out of state Saturday. Anyone have any contact with them recently?

Well Payment was sent 9/13. I sent a couple emails asking about the status a week ago and no reply. I tried calling today and no answer, no answering machine either. This is not cool. I leave to go out of state Saturday. Anyone have any contact with them recently?

I sent them an email earlier today asking about an order I placed a couple weeks ago and got an email reply with a tracking number.

Maybe they are just procrastinating pothead California Atari fan hippies? Would explain the slow service and shipping. :P

ROTFLMAO! Nope, they're in MN - but close enough. lol

Bruce and Cathy their names are? Great folks, but I too have noticed more lax responses lately. Kudos to the chap that actually received a tracking number after two weeks went by. I hope they're doing okay. Never had a problem with them til now - and still really don't. Thanks to the continual decline of standards and practices in this country :-(

Maybe they are just procrastinating pothead California Atari fan hippies? Would explain the slow service and shipping. :P

ROTFLMAO! Nope, they're in MN - but close enough. lol

Bruce and Cathy their names are? Great folks, but I too have noticed more lax responses lately. Kudos to the chap that actually received a tracking number after two weeks went by. I hope they're doing okay. Never had a problem with them til now - and still really don't. Thanks to the continual decline of standards and practices in this country :-(

"For those of you that do not know we moved,

our new address since Oct 97 is:

B & C ComputerVisions

5917 Stope Way

El Dorado, Ca. 95623-4716

(530)295-9270"

Edited by kevincal

...<snip> Bravo Sierra. Hey, this is a hobby full of weird ones, me included.

Good 'ol Benjamin Smith. I still see he's spamming the newsgroups ;-) I've never ordered from him so can't comment on his service. Prices look 'okay' though. Gosh, he's been in this a long time. I had an ICD SCSI card for the ST once that he needed, but we could not agree on a price or trade. I wish him the best and glad to see he's still around (even though he continually replies to his own posts with more solicitation). lol

They ARE in California! ;)

Oh shit, I guess they are! And I just received something from them - rotflmao! I sit corrected!

What dealer am I thinking of then that's in MN? Oh... Video61 http://members.tcq.net/video61/main.html The old mind ain't what it used to be.

Okay, gotcha Curt (from the next post) - thanks. When you're used to paying with PayPal, you have a tendency to not look at where exactly your money is going. Jeez, Okay, so that explains the slower shipping, but not the lack of communication. Still, I hope business is so great that they find it difficult to answer e-mails (even the kind that scream: "hey... take my money please!") lol

Edited by save2600