IGNORED

Retial box for heavy sixer

jimpoleshuk

Me thinks I should go back and see if the console with the matching serial number is still available

Depending on price, that's probably not a bad idea ;)

if they still got it, it's either $30 or $40. ( got the box for free, it didn't even dawn on to ask for the system. (rookie mistake)

Me thinks I should go back and see if the console with the matching serial number is still available

Depending on price, that's probably not a bad idea ;)

if they still got it, it's either $30 or $40. ( got the box for free, it didn't even dawn on to ask for the system. (rookie mistake)

$30 is about right if the numbers match. I personally wouldn't go $40, but that's me.

Heavy sixer boxes don't have the serial number on the outside and early ones have a chess knight picture. Atari just 'shopped' the pics of the console for the light-sixers (well its really the same photo on these) and four-switchers leaving the heavy rounded bottom part that was discontinued.

Heavy sixer boxes don't have the serial number on the outside and early ones have a chess knight picture. Atari just 'shopped' the pics of the console for the light-sixers (well its really the same photo on these) and four-switchers leaving the heavy rounded bottom part that was discontinued.

Heavy sixers HAVE come in non-chess piece boxes like the one above, (if dated 1978,) but, the serial number sticker on the box is the indication that a light sixer came with this particular one.

Edited by the 5th ghost

ahh, bummer

Heavy sixers HAVE come in non-chess piece boxes like the one above, (if dated 1978,) but, the serial number sticker on the box is the indication that a light sixer came with this particular one.

I know that, but the chess piece is a dead give-a-way. Otherwise you need to do a little research and if that serial number sticker has fallen off and the console is no longer in it you may never know for sure. But yeah that box, sans the serial number sticker, is correct for the latter heavy-sixers.

Edited by Prodos8

• 11 years later...