IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Week 7: Rocky & Bullwinkle

Ze_ro

Did anything special happen at the 100K mark? I thought that might be when it reset the short timer.

This game really is a game of chance. Too bad I didn't have this game recording.

Nope, nothing special. I just barely got it too, within 5 or so seconds of the game ending, two perfectly lined up items for bonuses showed up. My highest before that was 83k, and I was about at that point, when that happened.

So I was reading about the game on the Intellivision website, and apparently there is a "bug" in this game, where it rolls at 1 Million. I wonder if that means the ROM currently out is an incomplete version? Could that also be why the left timer seems to be useless?

http://www.intellivisiongames.com/bluesky/games/credits/atari3.html

Timed games should be banned from HSC

IMO you can get lucky if certain objects show up at certain times and rock out mega scores where you weren't any "better" than the guy who finished 10th and just didn't have that random seed in his favor.

Also, any sports game.

Yay. I beat the computer 11-0 in volleyball

Same as 40 other guys.

"11" is not a high score

And this is not a jab at anyone's scores this week, I just think it's pointless in general to play timed games unless you can advance the timer with skill, which in this game seems impossible.

Play until you die, not because mommy called and said it was time for bed.

No need to get discouraged. Play it just for something different. I popped in Yars' Revenge the other night just for a change and even though I can run that game to infinity, I had a blast. Play it to pass the time. Heck, play for the participation point if nothing else.

I have spent one session with R&B this week. I'll make another hard push to get north of 100K. I have never played R&B before, though.

I don't agree with the scoring for Cosmic Ark, but I played anyway. I absolutely hate Moon Patrol, but have the cart and would have played once if I had remembered it.

Maybe you'll be the one to discover how to extend the game! :)

A small improvement for me.

post-10944-125475492043_thumb.jpg

Maybe, as an improvement to the HSC in general, we should create a list of games that do not lend themselves to a "high score" competition. This doesn't mean they aren't fun to play, but just that they should not be used in the HSC. Just a thought. Cosmic Ark and this game would probably make such a list.

Got lucky. Kind of like playing a slot machine. Keeps you going because you think "Hey, if I did that then surely I could do better..." So not so.

Tried to grab as many items as I could according to what was at the bottom, but when I couldn't get what I needed I grabbed whatever I could.

post-23219-125485794715_thumb.png