IGNORED

Survival island? cassette? what?

Sleep

you gotta have a VCS and TV too! :D :D :D :D

Seriously, all 12 Starpath games were produced on cassettes and played through the Starpath Supercharger. You can read more about it here:

http://www.atariage.com/company_page.html?...emFilterID=2600

Collecting Starpath games has become something of an obsession for me. I'm half way to having them all!!!! :twisted: :D :D :D :D

I bought my Supercharger off EBAY for $25. That is about the price I would expect to pay for one loose. I have seen loose games as cheap as $3 and as high as $15 (and of course stuff like Party Mix and Survival Island go for upwards of $80-$100). I have seen boxed games for as little as $10 and as much as $50.

It is addictive, and even though everyone will say "You should just buy the Stella Brain CD," there is just something about having and playing the tapes that makes it more, I don't know, "authentic" maybe! :)

Happy Hunting, I've been chasing Starpath stuff for about a year now! :)

I'm going to look for a Supercharger now, too. Looks like a neat little add-on, though I'm a bit worried about cassettes: what if the tape got wrinkled?

Just backup the tape onto a nice high quality cassette or make your own cassette recording from the cd for that "authentic" feel. 8)

If the tape is wrinkled, you are screwed. :sad:

This is the reason I have Stella Gets a New Brain. I like having the cassettes, as well as the manuals and packaging, but I don’t like depending on technology so fragile as audiotape. I figure having both SGNB and (some of) the original Supercharger game materials is the best of both worlds.

If the tape is wrinkled, you are screwed. :sad:

This is the reason I have Stella Gets a New Brain. I like having the cassettes, as well as the manuals and packaging, but I don’t like depending on technology so fragile as audiotape. I figure having both SGNB and (some of) the original Supercharger game materials is the best of both worlds.

I'll say. Plus, since Hozer has SGANB for only $5 now, how can you go wrong? If you own a Supercharger, there is NO GOOD REASON not to own SGANB! If you don't own one, then I'll relent, but no excuse otherwise!

I'll say.  Plus, since Hozer has SGANB for only $5 now, how can you go wrong?  If you own a Supercharger, there is NO GOOD REASON not to own SGANB!  If you don't own one, then I'll relent, but no excuse otherwise!

Absotively. I've never taken my set of tapes out except to inspect them. I use the Stella CD exclusively, plus some nice other games I can boot with Supercharger as well thanks to SS. :D It's a perfect set-up; I have a discman I can use during the day while working on my website, and at night when I'm relaxing I turn it around the other way, put the cord in the headphone jack, and plug the SC into the Jr. sitting on my desk next to the printer. As Stimpy would say, "Oh joy!" :D

I'll say.  Plus, since Hozer has SGANB for only $5 now, how can you go wrong?  If you own a Supercharger, there is NO GOOD REASON not to own SGANB!  If you don't own one, then I'll relent, but no excuse otherwise!

I guess some people have plenty of free time. To me, the time it would take to make my own backups is worth a lot more than $5...