IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

• 2 weeks later...

If you HAVE the money and want it it should be no question. It is a new game, and costs what new games usually cost. You make it sound like the Lynx was a lesser system or something.

Games are either good or bad, it goes both ways, be it on Lynx or PS4.

I didn't mean to diss the lynx - but the facts are that at any given time there are dozens of games and game hardware that I would like to buy and play and own, and I cannot simply decide to buy them all because I would be spending too much money. My purchase decisions aren't so black and white and I try to weigh a number of factors outside of simply whether I think I would like a game before I plunk over $58, which is a lot of money for my entertainment budget that comes at the cost of not buying and experiencing other games.

That said, I just decided to splurge and I bought Zaku.

Hi all,

To celebrate the Lynx's 25th I've gone back and revisited select tracks from Zaku's soundtrack using the audio tools made for my new Lynx project. The resulting mini-album (ZAKU SOUND+) is available completely for free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjZrDnoP20

You can also download it here.

Just be warned, it is 1 level and without sound - but works well as appetizer ;)

This is actually why the demo was removed- it's not representative of the final product.

It may be because they used an original card as a base to create the new molds from, and the Atari logo wasn't quite perfectly removed?

Yeah, it was a copy of Ninja Gaiden III if I remember right. This is interesting though, I've only seen cards from the first manufacturing run and those had no leftovers from the Atari logo at all. Maybe it's only visible in newer runs.

That said, I just decided to splurge and I bought Zaku.

I hope you enjoy it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is still for sale from the original publisher though - so even though it is more expensive than other lynx games, it's 100% not rare, no? As for whether you will find it on amazon or ebay or at a flea market... that's a different question to which the answer would indicate it is extremely rare.

Edited by sirlynxalot

Is Zaku going to be put on the Atari Lynx rarity list?

Doubtful. If it ever is, it would probably be listed as a Homebrew and thus not have a rarity rating.

On a side note, I finally got around to watching a video of this game (I had only seen stills up to this point). Honestly, it looks like it could potentially be one of the best Lynx games in existence. The gameplay, level design, visuals and length all seem top-notch. If I get a Lynx again down the road, I'll definitely be buying this.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It may be because they used an original card as a base to create the new molds from, and the Atari logo wasn't quite perfectly removed?

I assumed they had the logo's taken off existing games they got a deal on in bulk somewhere via a CNC machine and it missed say a 10th of a Millimeter off of some of them when it was being set up, it's there but it is barely visible, it doesn't effect the gameplay or effort these people put in, so I don't care.

That said your idea is far more feasible.

Edited by 9ElevenGamer

• 2 weeks later...