IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

I dont understand, will there be no possibility to order anymore now ?

It looks that way, for now. I would guess that they planned to make a certain amount of units, and the entire allocation has sold out in preorder.

So unless there's another batch, or they increase the size of the current batch, or someone cancels, then that's it.

- J

My guess is that they don't take pre orders anymore as it is now in production. The production quantity is always bigger that the required number of carts. So it is very likely that the left overs are sold later in the shop. I really don't believe that there will be one more production run. But I would not be surprised if there is enough left over carts made to satisfy the demand.

Zaku is a great game. If you don't have it yet - get it.

• Like 1

Let's clarify:

1). We announced we'd produce 400 additional copies. We pre-sold 400 copies. So we have stopped taking orders.

2). There are no "extras." 400 is 400. The end.

3). We have produced and sold 1,000 copies in all. That's pretty darn impressive for a new Lynx game. Best quit while we're ahead.

We will not be producing additional copies of Zaku in the future.

Thanks again for your interest, everyone. To those who pre-ordered, we'll begin shipping soon. E-mail updates will be sent shortly, giving customers some time to update their mailing addresses if necessary. You are welcome to send mailing address updates at any time, however. Do it now, if you like.

And for the nth time: If you have questions for me, please send them by e-mail --> contact@superfighter.com <-- for the fastest response time.

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 3

I have scrolled back. There was never a mention of a MAXIMUM of 400 copies, there was talk of a MINIMUM required number of 400 pre-orders.

Also:

No. We don't do the whole "limited edition" thing; our goal is to produce & release enough copies of our games to meet demand. We don't have an air of eliteness, we just want people to play & enjoy our games and not leave anyone out (within reason).

yeah right. You know, I'm happy i missed out. This whole way of doing business is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in retro-game sales.....or in any kid of business...

I am glad you're not getting a single euro from me. Everytime I would play the game I would feel sick about this weird weird behavior of you.

Edited by Level42

I have scrolled back. There was never a mention of a MAXIMUM of 400 copies, there was talk of a MINIMUM required number of 400 pre-orders.

Also:

yeah right. You know, I'm happy i missed out. This whole way of doing business is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in retro-game sales.....or in any kid of business...

I am glad you're not getting a single euro from me. Everytime I would play the game I would feel sick about this weird weird behavior of you.

I hate to say this, but I completely agree with you.

Let's clarify:

1). We announced we'd produce 400 additional copies. We pre-sold 400 copies. So we have stopped taking orders.

2). There are no "extras." 400 is 400. The end.

3). We have produced and sold 1,000 copies in all. That's pretty darn impressive for a new Lynx game. Best quit while we're ahead.

We will not be producing additional copies of Zaku in the future.

Thanks again for your interest, everyone. To those who pre-ordered, we'll begin shipping soon. E-mail updates will be sent shortly, giving customers some time to update their mailing addresses if necessary. You are welcome to send mailing address updates at any time, however. Do it now, if you like.

And for the nth time: If you have questions for me, please send them by e-mail --> contact@superfighter.com <-- for the fastest response time.

Congrats on a successful title. ALways wanted this game but have been late to the boat.

Is there anyway that you could offer the game avail via download for purchase? I'd be willing to pay for the same game from a legit download order site.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy! (See what I did there?)

The Penguin Bros., fiendish 5¼" floppy disk hoarders that they are, don't want Zaku to ship this month.

penguinbros.gif

But, too bad. Because it will.

All pre-ordered copies of Zaku will soon be on their way to y'all, so you can take control of our heroine and, you know, like, beat those penguins up, and stuff. :-D

If you need to update your mailing address, send the current one to me --> contact@superfighter.com <-- and I'll personally reply with a confirmation.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. It's going to be a wicked cool Lynx-centric summer, yo.

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 5

The Penguin Bros., fiendish 5¼" floppy disk hoarders that they are, don't want Zaku to ship this month.

penguinbros.gif

All pre-ordered copies of Zaku will soon be on their way to y'all, so you can take control of our heroine and, you know, like, beat those penguins up, and stuff. :-D

If you need to update your mailing address, send the current one to me --> contact@superfighter.com <-- and I'll personally reply with a confirmation.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. It's going to be a wicked cool Lynx-centric summer, yo.

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!! :grin:

• Like 1

penguinbros.gif

Got my notice today in the my email about the upcoming shipping. Can't wait to get Zaku in my hands, and play it on my Lynx. Zaku is the crowned jewel of a programming achievement for the Lynx. If Lynx titles were like this back in the day when the Lynx was on the market the Nintendon't GameToy wouldn't have ever stood a chance. Edited by Tidus79001
  • Like 1

...aaaaand shipping is now commencing. I'll be posting orders every day -- including Sunday as the postal kiosk is open 24h -- until they're all out the door. Keep an eye out for your shipping confirmation e-mail.

Please feel welcome to share your comments with me, once you've had a chance to try the game.

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 1