IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did I pimp this article already? I know it was mentioned in the AtariGamer thread, but just in case anyone missed it...

https://atarigamer.com/articles/interview-with-super-fighter-team--publisher-for-zaku-on-atari-lynx

It may be interesting, plus you can see a pic of me smiling at y'all from Yokohama. The ramen museum is a hoot, t'be sure. :thumbsup:

Anyway what brought me (back) here was to tell youse peoples that if you'd like Zaku to potentially go back into production again at some point, please join our mailing list and if enough of you show interest... maybe, maybe.

• Like 2

Without going back 40 pages in history, is there a plan to re-release Zaku or any new Lynx games?

In the US, Zaku is available right now in limited quantities from Songbird Productions for $59.95 (includes shipping/tax, at least in the US). You can order it HERE.

The best places to find after-market/homebrew titles for the Lynx are:

Luchs Soft (Germany): HERE

Songbird Productions (USA): HERE

Telegames (UK): HERE

Hope this helps.

Edited by MillipedeMan
  • Like 2

Without going back 40 pages in history, is there a plan to re-release Zaku or any new Lynx games?

You didn't have to go back 40 pages, you just had to scroll up two messages. :P

And I quote:

"if you'd like Zaku to potentially go back into production again at some point, please join our mailing list and if enough of you show interest... maybe, maybe."

Edited by DeathAdderSF

• 1 month later...

I noticed a couple posts above the link to Songbird is broken. If you'd like to order Zaku, I have fewer than 20 copies left in stock right now on the Songbird website. At the rate they've been selling, they will all be gone before summer.

Did the price of Zaku go up? I see it's $69.95 on the site now instead of $59.95.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 12:17 PM, DeathAdderSF said:

Did I pimp this article already? I know it was mentioned in the AtariGamer thread, but just in case anyone missed it...

https://atarigamer.com/articles/interview-with-super-fighter-team--publisher-for-zaku-on-atari-lynx

It may be interesting, plus you can see a pic of me smiling at y'all from Yokohama. The ramen museum is a hoot, t'be sure. :thumbsup:

Anyway what brought me (back) here was to tell youse peoples that if you'd like Zaku to potentially go back into production again at some point, please join our mailing list and if enough of you show interest... maybe, maybe.

Wow, you guys, I still have Super Block Battle for my N-Gage, from way back.

Super_Fighter_Block_Battle.jpg

Anyway, my question to you, Looks like ZAKU 1st release and 2nd release were good sellers?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, high voltage said:

Wow, you guys, I still have Super Block Battle for my N-Gage, from way back.

Holy schnikes! You just brought back some fond memories of the early years of our company. I loved the Symbian platform. That was back when Nokia was the mobile phone industry. The N-Gage was my first cell phone, and I loved it (despite its many shortcomings). Needless to say I was delighted to oversee development of the first official sequel to Super Fighter on that device. I'm still very proud of that game.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, high voltage said:

Anyway, my question to you, Looks like ZAKU 1st release and 2nd release were good sellers?

Zaku moved 1,000 units overall. So I think we did OK. ?

I'm incredibly proud of Zaku, as well. Being a part of the development process (as producer) was one of my favorite experiences from all the years at Super Fighter Team. PenguiNet (Osman) created a landmark title for the Lynx. Even if it had only sold 10 copies, it's just a game that, in my opinion, had to exist.

Edited by DeathAdderSF
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DeathAdderSF said:

Zaku moved 1,000 units overall. So I think we did OK. ?

I'm incredibly proud of Zaku, as well. Being a part of the development process (as producer) was one of my favorite experiences from all the years at Super Fighter Team. PenguiNet (Osman) created a landmark title for the Lynx. Even if it had only sold 10 copies, it's just a game that, in my opinion, had to exist.

Within the year I bought a copy of this game from someone on here. At the time I did not have a lynx so about four months later I got one but the game does not work. I spent right about $100 and cannot play this game. Is there any way I can get it fixed?

21 hours ago, DeathAdderSF said:

Holy schnikes! You just brought back some fond memories of the early years of our company. I loved the Symbian platform. That was back when Nokia was the mobile phone industry. The N-Gage was my first cell phone, and I loved it (despite its many shortcomings). Needless to say I was delighted to oversee development of the first official sequel to Super Fighter on that device. I'm still very proud of that game.

I've got a complete N Gage game collection, including a paid-for (with serial number) Payload from Tantalus Interactive. Of course, it doesn't work nowadays.  Glad I finished collecting N-Gage as games for it are getting really collectable  nowadays

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2019 at 11:00 PM, high voltage said:

I've got a complete N Gage game collection, including a paid-for (with serial number) Payload from Tantalus Interactive. Of course, it doesn't work nowadays.  Glad I finished collecting N-Gage as games for it are getting really collectable  nowadays

A friend of mine was always jealous of my high-end Nokia phones, at the time they had the best cameras on the market. And he dug on some of the hardware & software features they had that other phones didn't.

So what would happen is, I'd pre-order Nokia's latest & greatest, then take pity on him and sell him my current model. Every time I did that, I'd put my SIM card back in the N-Gage to use until the Nokia delivered my new phone: sometimes weeks, sometimes months. At least, I had him drill a hole in the back of the case, directly above the speaker. That eliminated the ridiculous "taco phone" nonsense.

Anyway, back to collecting: I played the hell out of Sonic N and the Sims. Tried to get thru Red Faction but it ran so slow in later levels as to literally be unplayable. And the less said about the sluggish Bluetooth multiplayer the better.

It was a neat trinket that I had a ton of fun with -- and still have! -- but it left a lot to be desired as both a phone AND a gaming system.

22 hours ago, Valdez76 said:

No more Zaku....the studio is closing

http://www.superfighter.com/mailing.htm

We are most definitely not "closing." We have simply ceased publishing. We will be continuing to develop games, however. It's clearly written in the link you provided.

Our latest freeware game is Tough Guy, a fighting game for Windows. Check it out.

As for Zaku, it was already out of print. We produced & sold 1,000 copies in total. Quite impressive for a Lynx game, if I may say so (and I do!). We're satisfied with that, and I think I can speak for Osman/PenguiNet to say he's satisfied with it too.

I'll certainly announce any new games we develop; publishing rights to future commercial titles will be licensed or sold outright to other firms.

6 hours ago, DeathAdderSF said:

We are most definitely not "closing." We have simply ceased publishing. We will be continuing to develop games, however. It's clearly written in the link you provided.

Our latest freeware game is Tough Guy, a fighting game for Windows. Check it out.

As for Zaku, it was already out of print. We produced & sold 1,000 copies in total. Quite impressive for a Lynx game, if I may say so (and I do!). We're satisfied with that, and I think I can speak for Osman/PenguiNet to say he's satisfied with it too.

I'll certainly announce any new games we develop; publishing rights to future commercial titles will be licensed or sold outright to other firms.

Any plans to port a fighter game to the Lynx??? ?